Friday, May 25, 2012

Fun Stuff

We've been loving life back in Oregon. Being here makes us so excited for this time next year when we will be permanently moving here! Michael loves to look at neighborhoods and dream about where we might buy a house. I miss my Utah friends (STEPH) very much, which makes me excited for the fall, but at the same time I don't want this summer to ever end because we're having so much fun. Life sure is bitter sweet at times, isn't it?! Here is some of the fun stuff we've been up to:
 I love my Oregon summers because I LOVE my time with Whitney. I love the fact that her and Harlow get to be buddies and I love just being able to see her whenever I want as opposed to twice a year like it used to be. We've been going to Zumba together twice a week and we totally love it!
 We went to see the Oregon Ducks scrimmage and it was a beautiful day to enjoy the weather at Autzen Stadium. Mom and I bet against Dad and Michael on which team would win. Girls won :) So boys took us out to dinner. Days like this are another reason we're loving it here. Fun outings with grandma and grandpa. Harlow LOVES it outside so she was a perfect angel as usual.

 I didn't want her head getting sun burned... so she was a little gangsta for the day :)
 We went for a walk around Hendrix park. Harlow loves her front pack, thanks Marc & Connie!! And Michael loves to carry her around in it.
 We've also got to spend some time with Aliya and her beautiful girls Lera and Veda. They are so cute and it's really fun to have some friends to get together with during the day. I could listen to little Lera talk all day long. It makes me excited to hear what Harlow will be sounding like.
 Mama and baby play all day long. We are the best of friends. I love her so very much and enjoy every moment of being her mom.
 Harlow LOVES her grandparents. She talks more for my mom then she does for anyone else and grandpa can really get her to smile. She eats breakfast with them and we like to say hi to grandpa while he's working in the yard. We are so grateful for them and all of their help.
 Most recently, Anessa came to visit us! YAY! She lives in Portland now and came to spend her days off with us. I LOVE HER FOR THIS! It was so fun to see her and we had such a great time. Come again SOOOON!

And my most favorite recent news. Harlow loves her hand. I mean... this is L-O-V-E. She stares at it all day and moves her wrist around and wiggles her fingers and she just looks amazed at how awesome it is. So, mom was smart and thought she might like a wrist rattle. We put it on and this is her first time with it. She was GRINNING at it! hahahahaha! She seriously loves it. SO CUTE! You can bet that if she's not eating or pooping or sleeping... she's looking at her wrist rattle. The joys of being 2 months old.

That's life! Michael has started his internship and is loving it again, which makes me very happy. I am back teaching aerobics twice a week at the church and I'm really enjoying it and being able to really exercise again. I'm hoping to get the energy soon to start working on some crafts or something. Having a baby is starting to feel normal and life is starting to flow somewhat smoothly. As always, we are constantly grateful for what a blessed life we have. 

Harlow is realllly excited to meet her Grandma and Grandpa Woodmansee next weekend. So excited that she hasn't been sleeping at night! 

8 comments:

AMY AND MIKEY said...

hahaah "so excited that she hasn't been sleeping at night!" hhaah- oh man. it just plain sucks! But that's why they're so cute! So we keep getting up in the middle of the night!!!! She is a cutie cutie! I'm so glad you're having so much fun in OR! I'm so jealous that you get to live in your hometown, I would love that. Although- I really love San Diego too. Maybe little Harlow will go to Centennial just like us! That'd be awesome! I bet you miss steph so much. Dont worry, I'm sure steph and jarom will move onto OR soon enough, you guys somehow always end up together! I'm so impressed with your zumba and working out. You will be very proud of me, I just started walking, I do 3 miles every day! This is big for me! You look great in your pics! love you!

Megan and Greg said...

I didn't realize you were so into fitness! Man! Teaching too! Impressive. Cute pics. Love the tidbits about her baby life. The hand love, so cute. I remember when Scarlet was Harlow's age we visited my parents and my Mom totally got her talking like I'd never heard her before. I was amazed! It must be a grandma thing :)

Danielle said...

hahha- your last comment. She is so cute! I love all the pictures. You are such a happy person. It always makes me happy to read your blog. I love hearing about Harlow's obsession of her hand! hahaha that is so cute! I can't wait to meet her someday! Maybe in the fall when you're back in provo I could come down for a weekend visit to see you and steph or something? Seriously! I'm so glad Michael is enjoying his internship. What a blessing. And it's so nice you know what your future looks like! I'm so happy for you. I can't believe Aliya and her TWO girls?! Wowee! What a cuite. Love you!!!!!!!!!

Josh and Lauren said...

Oh man....I always laugh out loud at things that you know I would. :) LOVE that you're having such a fabulous time, that is such a blessing!

Carol and Bruce said...

So that is what has been keeping her up at night! I should have guessed. Can't wait for her to meet her other grandparents too, it will be a fun time. The days are flying by and we aren't getting much done except all four of us on the floor playing with Harlow, what could be better?

*Stephanie Lance* said...

Ohh man! I know the "too excited to sleep" thing! Evelyn does that too! Silly babies! Hopefully you start to get some better sleep soon! Good thing these babies are SO DARN CUTE to make up for the long nights! I'm so glad you guys are having such a good time! Seriously! What a blessing! That's so awesome! We miss you guys a lot!!! Harlow is too cute for words!! I can't believe how much she has changed since I last saw her! I can't even begin to think about how much she will have changed when you guys get back! AHHH!!! That's so lucky that she gets to spend so much time with her Gma and Gpa so that she will know them so well and be so used to them! Thanks for posting all the pics! I LOOOOVE them!!! Love you guys!!

Anonymous said...

Hi Jenni - I sent you an e-mail about aerobics and visiting... I am in Springfield right now, too. - sarina

Lanette said...

The baby-grandparent bond is so special! I love the picture of Harlow with your parents. You can just see the love radiating! She is such a cutie!