Saturday, November 1, 2008

A Very Happy Halloween!

I love Halloween. I really do. It's so fun to dress up, and laugh, and eat yummy treats, and just have fun. This year was really great. I held strong to the wonderful Jolley family tradition of spooky dinner. It was great! There will be quite a few pictures in this post, mostly so my mom can see what we did... but I hope you all like them too. First, right after we were all free from school and work, we starting cooking cooking cooking!
This year we went with Frankenstine Guts (Spanish Chicken), Skeleton Graveyard (Salad), Snake Bread, Black Cat Brains (Green Beans), Bat Turds (Pumpkin Cookies), and the every year favorite... Ghostly Goobers. Obvioulsy you had to call the food by it's proper name in order to eat it! True Jolley style, there were "spooky suprises" in the food haha!! We all dressed up of course and it was just great.
Me,Kevin,Steph,Brooke,Matt,Mark,Jim, and Shaun
After we filled ourselves to the MAXIMUM and were scared out of our minds because of how spooky the whole evening was :), we got our running shoes on and went to run the Halloween Midnight 5k! I was SO pumped! I run most days, but this was my first organized 5k.
It was so fun!! We started with one lap around the track, then out the gates! For those of you who know Rexburg, it was up Wal-Mart street to the temple, down temple street, then back to the Hart building, and around the track again. Yes, yes running up that hill was hard. Actually real hard. I'm not a real fan of uphill running. But, I'm proud to say that we did run the whole way. It felt SO GOOD! Afterward we were all real happy. The boys beat us of course, but we won't worry about that haha :)
The Runners: Molly, Jim, Jenny, Kevin, Brooke, Me, and Mark
It was a very happy Halloween! I love this holiday and had a great time. It helps that I have wonderful friends here. Here's some more pictures. I hope everyone had a great Halloween! :)

7 comments:

Chad and Jessica said...

Super fun!!! and your spooky food is awesome...way to go! It's so inspiring too....I've never made spooky food. I love that your family has that tradition! And that midnight 5k sounds like the coolest thing! When else can you get to run that late, with friends, and still feel safe? Never. Sounds like a wonderful Halloween! yay!

Danielle said...

Wow, that run sounds I-N-T-E-N-S-E~!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I defintely don't think I could've done it! You guys looked like you had so much fun!!! We are all moved into our new place, so you guys will have to come over and see it soon! Love you!!!!

Collin and Tiffany said...

It looks like you had such a FUN halloween!! Spooky dinner and all!! Jenni I'm so proud of you for running that 5k. With the shape I'm in now I would probably have passed out on the track!! HA HA! We had the cutest little trick or treaters come by our place. We're hoping next year to have a little trick or treater of our own but we'll just be happy when it happens!! Love you and miss you!!

Emily said...

Yay for ghostly goobers!!! I think this was the first halloween where I didn't have Spooky Dinner. SAD!!! We had freaking IHOP on our way back to play some more at Disneyland. It just wasn't the same.

Your food looks awesome, I bet everyone loved it!

Way to go on the race, I would have died for SURE! You are my hero.

Love you!

Carol and Bruce said...

Thanks for all the great photos, it made me feel like I was there watching. Great representation of our wonderful tradition! May it live on forever!!! I'm glad you had such a great time and congrats on the run too. I hope you weren't in pain the next day.

We had a good time with our fish pond and all the little darling kids all dressed up loved going fishing, these costumes now days are the best and make the ones you kids had look pretty sad. I did miss spooky dinner and meeting the trick or treaters at my door, first time ever to miss that.
See you soon, YES!

*Stephanie Lance* said...

Ah man mall Halloween was really great this year!!! all that spooky food was almost too much for me but luckily i got through it! I'm really proud of us for really pullin through this year! It was GREAT!!! and i'm so proud of you for doin that 5K! Dang!!! i love you a lot and i'm really glad we got to have halloween together!!!! :)

Jill said...

Hooray for Spooky Dinner! I've missed it. Your dinner looks yummy.

What a cool idea to have a midnight run. Way to go!