Monday, April 27, 2009

Brigham Young University-Idaho

I love BYU-Idaho. I feel so blessed to have attended and graduated from this wonderful university. The mission of the school is to prepare disciples of Christ. It has become more and more evident to me during my years here. My first couple of years I was all about playing, playing, playing and it was wonderful! I wouldn't take those years back for anything. My last 2 years I was able to get involved in some student led organizations and really come to understand how blessed I was to attend here. We have an administration that is under the direction of the prophet and inspired from heaven. We have prayer in class and pictures of Christ in the testing center. I had a boss and a job where I would never be asked to do anything to compromise my integrity and would never have to work on Sunday. I met and associated with some of the most Christ-like people I've ever met in my entire life. The people I've met here, and the experiences I've had have 100% shaped me. I have gained an education and learned even more about what kind of a person I want to be. I met Michael here along with many other of my best friends. There are some talks from apostles about BYUI that are absolutely amazing. Like, Disciple Preparation Center by Elder Bednar, or A Steady Upward Course by President Eyring. So inspiring! I love BYU-Idaho and will treasure my time here forever and ever.

5 comments:

Emily said...

I'm SO GLAD you loved it there like I did, even though our experiences were so different. It really is such a great place!

Love you!

Danielle said...

I LOVE BYU-IDAHO! Amen to all that was said. Even though I can't WAIT to graduate, I know I'll miss the spirit that is SO present on the campus grounds. We are so lucky.

Carol and Bruce said...

It's been so comforting to know that you were happy while you were away from home and that you were always making the most of the experience and working hard as well as playing hard. Now you will have to take that spirit and all that you learned with you as you move on with life.

We are so grateful for BYUI too!

Chad and Jessica said...

That is awesome. It sounds like you have learned and grown so much...yay! The more I look back at college, the more I wish I could have gone to BYU....Utah, ID, Hawaii....because you get more than education in your field, but you learn how you want to live your life...like you said. You really made the most of it...way to go!

Jill said...

How sad that it is over! But that was such a fitting tribute to that glorious school. I'm so so so glad you loved it and had amazing experiences there. At least my sis-in-laws loved it since I couldn't talk my sisters into going there.