Sunday, May 3, 2009

In Love, Engaged, and SO HAPPY!

Michael Woodmansee and I are engaged!!! And we could NOT be happier! It is the best feeling in the entire world :) He proposed last night. He COMPLETELY suprised me! I mean, I knew we'd get married- but I had absolutely NO idea that he was proposing last night. So... let me tell you how it happened....
I was in Idaho Falls working, and Michael was in Idaho Falls spending the day with our friend Shaun. So, the plan was to go ring shopping after work, and I was realllllly excited! But, then Danielle and Clay invited us to dinner after work and I was even more excited about that because I wanted to see Danielle so bad! So, I called Michael to tell him that we were going to dinner and could go ring shopping some other time. But, he wasn't really down with that. He was like, "tonight's a busy night, we need to go look at rings, let's have dinner with Danielle and Clay tomorrow". I felt super bad, and honestly thought it was kind of rude haha! So, I called Danielle and regretfully rescheduled.
After work I met up with Michael and we went to look at rings. YAY! I tried on lots, wide bands, skinny bands, solitares, ones covered in all kinds of business, and I just kept coming back to a thin band solitare where the diamond just pops off of the band. I think I told Michael about a zillion times that I loved that ring and I wanted it. I wanted him to get the picture! haha! So then, he says let's go eat by the river and the waterfalls. I was a TOTAL brat. I'm all, "Michael, it's cold, it's rainy, the benches will be wet, I'm tired, BLAH BLAH BLAH". But then I thought, "Jenni, pick your battles, just let him go to the river for a while". hahaha! So, once we got there, I was freezing, so he gave me his jacket. BUT, it stopped raining so I was in a better mood. And plus, the waterfalls with the temple in the background were SO beautiful so I was instantly happy! We walked down to this particular waterfall where he took me once before his mission and I was SO happy to be with him!!! We were just talking and being all cute and he told me that he loved me of course, and this is what he said...

"Jenni, 2 years ago today was when I entered the MTC to begin taht adventure without you. Now, I want you to be apart of every adventure with me. Now, is when you reach into your pocket." At that point, my eyes got HUGE and my heart started racing!!! Then, he got on one knee and said, "will you marry me?". AND I SAID YES YES YES YES YES YES!!!!!!!! I might have said it even more times than that!! And he brought his camera... good boy!
It was wonderful in every way!!! He TOTALLY shocked me! The whole ring shopping thing was a total trick, he has had the ring for a while now and it's AMAAAAZZZZZINGGG!!! It's exactly what i wanted, only BIGGER AND BETTER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! just take a gander for yourself!

The reaction from my roommates was 100% PRICELESS! They were so great. We screamed and hugged for a good little while. hahahaha!!!!
Michael and I met 3 and a half years ago. I loved him then and I love him even more now :)

The one up top is from before he left, and the one below is NOW! I love Michael Woodmansee and I cannot wait TO MARRY HIM! And I must say, I TOLD YOU ALL I WAS GOING TO MARRY HIM!

32 comments:

Charlotte and Jared Nelson said...

yeah! What a happy day! Congrats you two!

Kelly said...

Awww I almost cried when I read this! I am soooooo excited for you! You guys are just so perfect together, like chocolate and peanut butter!

Carol and Bruce said...

Yep! You did tell us so and I confess to having doubts at the beginning of his mission but you waited, it's amazing. Congratulations to you both, we couldn't be happier.

I did cry when reading your blog and I needed a good cry so thanks for helping with that:)

Carol and Bruce said...

Oh, I just noticed the wet spot on his knee in the photo from his bending down to propose, that is the sweetest thing ever. GOOD JOB Michael and way to fake me out by making it sound like it would be awhile.

Does any one know a wedding planner???????

Emily said...

Oh SO CUTE!!! I'm all teary too! I guess I am my mother's daughter.

You two are just the cutest and I love your history and can't wait for you to get married!

Your ring is beautiful(gigantic!) and you look SO So SO happy!

Now, could you please do me a favor and get married maybe...August 1st or something. Give me a week to recover after giving birth. Thanks, you're the best.

Love you guys so much!

Hey, is that one of his new shirts? Lookin' good!

Lanette said...

YAY!!!! Congratulations!!!! That is so wonderful. What a sweet proposal story. Your ring is beautiful! And so are you!

Danielle said...

Oh...........I know I already heard it all on the phone...but I seriously just read that story twice in a row because it made me so happy! I love the pic of you guys after he proposed! You guys both look SO HAPPY! I am SO HAPPY FOR YOU GUYS! I'm even more excited to see you now. Love you!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Danielle said...

OH YEAH- that ring is HUGE! Gorgeous!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! He was kind of taking a bit of a risk taking you ring shopping after he got the ring....what if you fell inlove with something else? I guess it was meant to be:)

Carina & Dan said...

congratulations jenni!

Jen and Tyson said...

BEST STORY EVER!!! I am SO HAPPY FOR YOU!!! You two make the most perfect couple! How fun! When is the big day? Happy wedding planning!! YEAAAAAA!!!! CONGRATS JENNI!

Jill said...

Hooray! You look so happy and sound so happy and I'm just so so happy for you! The ring is beautiful and I'm just so impressed that Michael brought his camera to capture the moment! Happy wedding planning!

Collin and Tiffany said...

I LOVE IT!!! I love the story! I love the ring!! I love how happy you guys are!! I really love you guys and I couldn't be happier and more excited for both of you!!

The Webb Family said...

congratulations, I'm so excited for you both. Let us all know what & when the plans are!!!

Courtenay Beth said...

TEARS. SMILES. MORE TEARS. Jenni I am so so so so happy for you! I knew this day would be so magical for you, what a gem he is! I feel like welcoming him into the family :) Oh. man. I am so jittery excited for you. This part is so blissfull, enjoy every second of it, and DON't let the stress get to you. Now you have a wedding to plan, which is fun but make sure you ficus on the marriage part of the plan, I know you will, and all the reception details, colors, dresses, etc etc etc will all be minor details, I mean you found your prince! YEAH! You're mom's comment was so cute about the wet spot on his knee, so presh! Also, I said it before and I'll say it again, I am more than happy to help with all I can! I LOVE you Jenni, soon to be Sister/Mrs. Woodmansee! Still pretty teary, just so you know. I am so happy for you both! Michael, you are SO lucky!

Melanie said...

Add my tears to the mix too! I am so excited for you two! Can't wait for all the wedding prep excitement!!

Bee Happy Stamper said...

I'm not even really related and I was teary eyed reading that! I think you were like 5 when Mel and Andy got married...now you're getting married. WOW!!! That doesn't mean I'm old though, right?

Congrats! Such a sweet happy ever after for you!

Megan and Greg said...

WOW! Congrats! You guys didn't wait long, did you! The faster the better, I say! Jenni, honestly, being married is the BEST and I'm happy for you!!! You guys are super cute!

jaime said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Jaime said...

This is AWESOME! I've been creepin your fb just waitin for this to happen! Congratulations Jenni!! You two are adorable!

Jessica said...

JENNI!!! so EXCITED THAT WE both got our MICHAELS!!!!

Joy Boggess said...

again jenni, we are so happy for you! marriage is so amazing and trust me, will be well worth the wait! eric did the same thing to me! took me ring shopping when he already had the ring! sneaky boys! we love you and wish you every happiness!

*Stephanie Lance* said...

I'M CWYING A WITTLE BIT!!!!!! Mall i LOVE you so much and i am just so happy that you are so happy and have found the man of your dreams!!! I KNEW you were going to marry that man and i couldn't be happier! Jarom likes him too so thats a plus! Now they can be BEST FRIENDS! (Get it...missy and cara movie? hahaha) Anyways, I love the story, i love the ring, ilove you, i love michael, i love everything about this whole thing!!! everything is perfect! I wish SO bad i could have been there to just and scream and hug you!!!! I miss you so bad, especially right now! I can't wait to spend your happy day with you!!!! I looooooooove you mall!!!

greg&sarina said...

ever since you announced that he came back i have been checking your blog regularly so that i wouldn't miss the engagement post!!!
YIPPEE!!
Best Wishes!!

AMY AND MIKEY said...

"We're just gonna take things nice and slow, we're gonna date for awhile and just take it really easy, we don't want to rush into anything" hahahha- I wondered if this would happen! I am so happy for you jenni! I love him, I think he's a sweetie, I'm so glad I got to know him a little at the Bunko night. I'm so excited for you! It just cracks me up that you and Steph are twinners, she just got married, and now you are- working at grocery outlet, you guys are just so funny, and now steph can go to your sealing! I'm so happy for you, - love the story, how you were upset about going outside, so funny- It seems like he's knew he wanted to marry you a long time ago, - that is awesome- I love you! congrats!

AMY AND MIKEY said...

oh and the ring is beautiful! Last night I had a dream about your ring! Carol told me ofcourse at church- so I was thinking about it= and then last night I dreamed that I saw your ring- and it had scratches all over it, so much that you cuoldn't see through it, and I had to fake it and be like, "pretty". I'm so glad it was a dream! your ring is beautiful and it looks big!

Lara said...

Congrats Jenn! We're all excited for you.
Lots of love,
Lara Rogers Tampas

rose said...

oh! a BIG FAT CONGRATS to you guys!!!! you guys are so stinkin' cute- michael picked a pretty special girl- i know he'll take care of you!
now if i could just meet him sometime ;)
do you need someone to make your cake??? i'd TOTALLY come up!

rose said...

homegirl- EMAIL ME!
rosiebug79@hotmail.com

Lizzie said...

Congratulations!!! I have to admit, I've been checking your blog more frequently lately, waiting for the big news. = ) You guys look so happy! Lizzie

Anonymous said...

OMG! Congratulations! Beautiful ring and beautiful couple.

Sisters: Chunky to Skinny said...

Congrats! You two are so cute...I have been waiting for him to get home to see if he would propose. CONGRATS!!! I hope you two have a wonderful marriage, so when is the big day?

Jess@craftiness is not optional said...

congrats to you both!! I love the ring!! Wow, so excited for you, good luck and all the happiness!