Friday, June 26, 2009

Summer and Engagement Happenings

I want you all to know that I have attempted this post about 500 times, but blogger freaks out on me every time. SO- I'm just going to pack as much in this post as I can while it's working. There is a lot going on right now and I LOVE IT! I have so much to be thankful for and I'm reminded everyday. Wedding planning is a blast! Well, none of it is possible at all without my wonderful mother who works so hard and makes it all look easy, thus allowing it to be quite enjoyable for me! Thanks mom :).

Michael and I got our engagement picture taken by Tyra Andrews and we are so happy with them! She has been so wonderful to work with! She also did my bridal pictures and designed our announcement. What a help she has been do us! Here are a couple of the engagements! There are lots more!! But you'll have to wait until the reception.
I'm not going to post my bridals on here just incase my Michael gets any bright ideas. Also, this way, my dress will be a suprise at the wedding! But, just know that I'm SO happy with the work Tyra did! They are magical and it was a really fun time taking all of the pictures! Everything else is coming along quite smoothly as well. I dream up all of these things I want and then my fantastic mother makes them happen :). I can't wait to share August 15th with you all... but mostly Michael :) :)!!
Also, my roommates threw me an AWESOME bridal shower! Really, it was fantastic! So fantastic that it will have it's own post coming up here soon... assuming that blogger will choose to work for me next week.

For those of you who would like something comical to read, or may be very bored (Anessa), I would like to include these few Wal-Mart experiences in this post before the internet freaks out again. Stephanie and I tend to give everyone nick names. Especially customers, because you don't know their real name, so you have to have some way to I.D them. For example, at grocery outlet we befriended Workin Hard, Elton John, Big Lips, and Keopectate, among many others. So, my first story will be refered to as Hyper Sensitive Lady...

She walks up to my line with what I'm assuming was her husband. I ring everything up and tell her the amount. By this point, I could tell there was a screw or 2 missing and that she wasn't quite all there. But, she handed me to correct amount of money and so I got her change. Just a side note, I DO NOT touch people's hands when I hand them their change... eww- some people have FILTHY hands. So, I just lightly dropped her coins into her palm. Her quarter dropped out of her hand and on to the counter... and then all Hell broke loose. Hyper Senstive Lady was VERY upset that her quarter fell. "PLEASE DON"T THROW THINGS AT ME" She says. "PEOPLE ARE ALWAYS THROWING THINGS AT ME." "I'M A NORMAL PERSON TOO, YOU KNOW". "S***". I'm just standing there staring at her wondering why she won't look at me and talk to me rather than just yell. Then her husband says, "Forgive her, she's blind". At this point, I had SO many thoughts. 1) Being blind doesn't give you a free pass to yell at the grocery checker. 2) maybe tell me she was blind before I handed her the change. 3) hahahaha- she totally made it sound like people throw things at her every day, like this was a common occurance. 4) I DIDN'T THROW ANYTHING! THE QUARTER DROPPED!!

Sheesh! My next customer was a guy I work with who is deaf, but can still communicate very well and we're great friends. The checker next to me said, Sean is deaf, are you going to throw his change at him too. hahahaha!

You ready for another? I just found this kind of comical. It was just last night. It's late. like 10:30 and this lady rolls up in her motorized cart. IT IS FULL OF CRAP. and I mean crap, stuff that nobody buys. She tells me she would like everything organized. Dark things in one bag, sparkly things in one bag, and light colored things in another. And then she says. "Oh, you know what, these things are patriotic, they better have their own bag too". WHAT?!!! So, that was weird enough, and then I tell her the total and she reaches into her shirt with NO hesitation and I saw alllll the way down that shirt... NOT PLEASANT! She pulls out, not a couple bucks or a credit card, her whole big, fat wallet!

People sure are interesting!! there is WAY more where that came from. If you made it through, bless you! I'll post again soon, I promise!

Off to Aberdeen this weekend WOOO HOOO!!!!!

Also, one more thing. I LOVE michael woodmansee. Honestly, if only I could describe to you how good he is to me. I cannot wait to be his wife :). Just thought you all should know!

16 comments:

Danielle said...

Wow Jenni- that was just the perk I needed. Seriously? Wallet in the shirt lady? That is nuts! I can't BELIEVE that lady made you organize her stuff like that! SO CRAZY! I bet you get lost of fun people.

Pics are GREAT! You guys both look so good (as always)! I really really want to see your dress. Will you email me a pic? I would really love that.

I love you lots!

Emily said...

Ha ha, I love that she had her money down her shirt! Fabulous.

Love all the pictures, and glad you included the Barney sign in there.

Glad the plans are coming along smoothly!

Kelly said...

Thanks for commenting on my blog! Your engagement pics are so cute! I love hearing Wal-Mart stories; keep them coming! Kyle used to work at Wal-Mart so I've heard a lot about crazy people that shop there.

rose said...

good grief!!!! those pictures are THE STINKIN' CUTEST!!!!!! you guys look ridiculously happy (as you should)!

we have a total ghetto walmart too. so lovely. keep the stories comin!

oh yes, and what's going on with the cake missy?

Megan and Greg said...

I LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOVE your engagement pictures! They are so good! Are you getting married in Oregon? Those Walmart stories are great. Thanks for sharing.

AMY AND MIKEY said...

First of all, thankyou for your sweet comment, every comment helps alot. Ok second- Jenni this post had me laughing outloud so hard! It was just what I needed! oh my gosh- first of all- since when did you start working at walmart- how much do I love that! next- that blind lady story was hilarious!!!! I was laughing so much- then that organizing lady- oh my gosh- the dark things with the dark things? that is so hilarious. This was such a great post- and knowing you- and imagining your thoughts durring teh whole process, I love it. Sure wish I could have been an observer in line. I'm so happy for your wedding plans! I'm so excited for the wedding! love you!

AMY AND MIKEY said...

oh yeah- and the money down her shirt- notj ust money- but her wallet- priceless.

Kelly and Tyler said...

Finally you will be with your man!!! I'm so excited for Aug 15th!

Carol and Bruce said...

I was almost too tired to check your blog but I thought, just maybe she updated. Good job! Hilarious stories, just what I have been waiting for. Keep them coming.

I took a break from wedding plans to enjoy Kellen and Caleb and now it's back to work. It's fun work though.

Hope you have a wonderful weekend.

Josh and Lauren said...

I truly love you and LOVE that you work at walmart and get to have these fantastic experiences. You could probably write a book. DO it! :)
LOVE you checker girl.

Courtenay Beth said...

CUTEST ever! Read the whole thing, HAHAHAHAAAAA the walmart experiences! SO funny! Could you please categorize my purchases! LOL!!! You do have such a great Mom, to help make all your dreamy dreams come true! YEAH for happines,, bliss, marriage, kissing, romance, diamonds, temples, bridal showers, white dresses! YAY!!!! I love you, can't wait to see your dress, and if you're going to email Danielle, email me a pic too! LOVE YOU

Anessa said...

HAHA Thank you for my shout out! I do get really bored at work and after last night I needed a good laugh.

I am totally going to start carrying my wallet in my shirt!! haha. Oh and Jenni, if you could stop thowing things at people and be a little more considerate that would be great! HAHA I love you and Michael I cant wait for August 15th!!!!!!!!

Lindsay said...

Oh wow you guys these pictures turned out amazing! You two are adorable! I love the Wal Mart stories. Love it.

Jenni.Woodmansee said...

Danielle and Court... go to momentsbytyra.blogspot.com.... my bridals are on there :)

you guys rock!

Jill said...

Oh, Jenni, the pictures are all so amazing! And the wedding hasn't even happened yet! There's more great pics to come! (Your dress is GORGEOUS, I just peeked at it.) Tyra is very talented. Or you're just gorgeous. Ok, it's both.

Keep those Walmart stories coming.

Jess@craftiness is not optional said...

wow...those customers sound pretty crazy! Keep the stories coming, they're hilarious! Also, love your engagement pics, so cute~!