Monday, June 29, 2009

Bridal Shower!

There is so much fun stuff going on in my life right now that I want to share, so I just find myself blog, blog, blogging! As I mentioned before, my roommates Lindsey Palmer and Anessa Humes threw me a fantastic bridal shower! Everything was WONDERFUL! I'm telling you, these wonderful girls have been planning this since I got engaged. They are taking a cake decorating class and have been planning my cake since before I was engaged I'm pretty sure haha! They have been AMAZINGLY good to me. Serious. They keep me sane. They came with me to take my bridals and engagements. They got me a veil and slip to wear. They did my hair. They made my bouquet. They made cake, food, decorations, and got me rockin presents for this bridal shower. It was just everything I could have ever wanted! All of my great college roommates/girlfriends were there. I missed those of you who are far away terribly, and I can't wait to see you! Believe it or not, the cake is pg-13. so be prepared.

They had me wearing this sweet crown and veil

There they are! What does that cake look like, you say? Well let me show you a close up! And yes... they made it themselves!It was so cute with the pictures of michael and I all around with cookies for all of the guests! I am going to post pictures of the decorations for my mom to see :) and anyone else who would like to know what it looked like! So get ready for pictures!!!
Everyone wrote on those pages. I love them!
They split up in groups and made me a letter out of candy bars. SO CUTE!
And then Lindsey brought out the one that Michael had secretly made. It was HILARIOUS!!And then it was PRESENT TIME! I got some WONDERFUL things that I totally love. Mom's present was a HIT! For real! This is when I opened it. :)
I believe the group picture was taken on Brooke's camera so I dont have those pictures yet. But, Be assured that it was lots and lots of fun and I was so grateful for all of the work that went into it. I felt so special :)

11 comments:

Emily said...

Glad they went all out for you! That cake is awesome, I love it! They didn't teach me that in my cake decorating class!

Jill said...

I wish I was there! Looks like good fun. I want to see the actual lingerie, not just the cake. Too cute, though. What great roomies. You deserve it!

Megan and Greg said...

Ha! That cake is hilarious! What an amazing idea. When you wrote that it was pg 13. I thought you meant page 13 and was like "WO, she HAS been blogging". Then I saw the cake. Wowsa. I would LOVE to do something like that.

Courtenay Beth said...

SO COOL! Jenni you deserve all the cutest happiness ever! What a SASSY cake! LOVE it! Love the candy bar idea, especially that michael did one too, so so cute!

AMY AND MIKEY said...

I didn't read anything, I just looked at the pictures- but that cake is amazing! and hilarious! love you

Carol and Bruce said...

Looks like such fun!! Those girls went all out and it's all adorable. You are going to miss them and all your good friends there. What a cake! Can't wait to see the pages and more photos.

Lanette said...

Wow, what a cake is right. Haha! That's awesome. What great friends. It looks like the perfect bridal shower. And by the way, I looked at your bridals, and WOW! You are beautiful, and you have awesome taste in everything wedding. I'm so excited for you!

*Stephanie Lance* said...

Oh my gosh mall it all looks SO perfect!!!! I'm so sad i couldn't be there!! I'm really really glad you have linds and annessa to be there for you and help you! not gonna lie, it makes me really jealous :( but i'll be able to help you when i can FOR SURE!!!!! I miss you so bad!!! I've been missing you so bad! i'm glad you are enjoying your engagement and the big day is coming up SO SOOOOOOON!!!!! YAYYY!!!!!! love you!!!

Josh and Lauren said...

Jealousy is creeping through my veins. I wish I could be there. :( LOVE you and am still just sooo happy!

Anessa said...

OK, those boobies are huge on that cake!!!! Who would do that? It's just not right. HAHA, I am so happy that you enjoyed your shower, we had so much fun planning it. LOOVEEE YYOOUUUU!!!!

Lindsey said...

We had so much fun throwing this shower for you Jen! You totally deserve every ounce of blood, sweat and tears that went into everything ha ha :) Love you girlfriend!!!