Thursday, July 1, 2010

Happy Retirement, Daddy!

My father worked for Union Pacific Railroad for 45.5 years. WOW! If there has ever been a reason to celebrate, I believe this was definately it. My mom planned a fabulous party and I was lucky enough to be able to go! We stayed the whole weekend at Marc and Connie's which was SUCH a treat! They were so good to us and those boys are an absolute delight to play with!

We went on a train ride starting from Hood River. Everything was perfect. My mom had us all wearing bandanas, engineer style, we decorated the train, the boys were wearing engineer hats, and the conductor even anounced my dad's special day to everyone on the train! We went all out to celebrate my dad and it was all such a blast.

The train stopped half way, so we stopped, had lunch, and broke a train pinata. The whole hour and a half train ride back, Joseph sat in my lap ooooing and ahhhing and the trees, grass, water, mountains. It was so adorable! The best part was laughing and catching up with everyone on the train. It was so nice to enjoy each other, and on a train at that!
Our little conductors- how adorable!The Retiree and Party Planner!It was awesome to get to see the Mitchells for a bit! And I love this picture below if Marc & Connie, Darren & Jill. ADORABLE!

Tina and her family came :) After the train we stopped at Multnomah Falls and it was absolutely beautiful!Pretty much the most tender thing I've ever seen is when Joseph started to cry because he didn't want to leave, and Kellen immediately hugged him. Those cousins are so sweet!

ALL the family who couldn't make it was GREATLY MISSED! And we were thinking of you guys. Thank you, mom for planning such a great weekend! It was a complete success!!

6 comments:

Danielle said...

That looks...SO FUN! I love everyone dressing up, and I love the cousins hugging........how sweet! You look super cute in all the pics too! That is a LONG TIME to work at ONE place! Definitely deserves a BIG HUGE PARTY! Awesome!!!

Emily said...

I will not cry
I will not cry
I will not cry

Great pics, I have been waiting to see more!! Glad it all went so well, sounds like such a blast!!!

Love those boys in their hats!!!

Carol and Bruce said...

Really cute photos! I'm so glad you had your camera, I didn't take nearly enough pictures. I'm anxious to see Warner's too and Marc got some cute ones.

It WAS SO fun and I'm SO glad you were able to be there. I loved seeing everyone getting a chance to visit with each other too, it ended too soon.

Courtenay Beth said...

So fun ,. SO cute, SO...cool!!!!!

Jill said...

Oh,Jenni. That last one of Kellen and Joseph is to die for! I love how he's just slumped into Kellen. What a treat it's been to see you so much lately! Love you!

Lindsey said...

oh my gosh I love everything about this! What a great way to celebrate retirement! Your family rocks! And I love that you're wearing a shirt from DownEast-way to represent haha!