Wednesday, July 21, 2010

Mom and Dad Came to Visit. Come Back!

Now that my dad is a retired man, my mom and dad ventured out on a road trip! First stop, OUR HOUSE :). I was so so so excited for them to come. I wanted my mom to see my new place, and I needed them both to help me fix it up! Also, now that we have 2 bedrooms, we were excited for our first guests. It was a wonderful couple of days and I wish they'd come back!

We started off the visit right by having dinner and sittin out eating Oreos. Things just got better from there (minus the part where Michael's bike got stolen the next morning... BOOOO). We ate at all our favorite places to eat, mom and dad came to see my work, we played scrabble of course, mom and I shopped, and mostly we worked worked worked on cuteifying our new place! Seriously- my parents are MIRACLE workers!!! I am so happy with it! Remember the shelves that nobody could ever hang? DAD HUNG THEM! They hung all my pictures, hung my curtains in 2 rooms, fixed my pantry door, put together an adorable over the toilet shelf, cooked, cleaned, AND had time to play and laugh with us. Seriously- they were so good to us while we were the ones who should have been hosting them! I found it comical that dad had to sleep on the futon because our guest bedroom full sized bed was too small. hahahhahahaha! Welcome to our lives for the past 10 months! I knew exactly how they felt, so I didn't blame him! We are SO happy with the way our apartment looks now and I will post pictures soon.

Another huge bonus of the visit was going up to SLC to see Courtenay and Johns new baby Everett. OH. MY. HEAVENS. Talk about a perfectly precious gift. I was in love with him at first sight. He is perfect and Courtenay looked fabulous. It was so fun to visit with her and LeAnn.

I was an idiot and did not take nearly enough pictures. As soon as I steal them from my mom I'll post them. But mostly, I just wanted to share how wonderful it was to have my parents visit. Michael and I felt lonely after they left. We had a great time. I can't wait until the day that we get to live closer. Thanks so much for coming, mom and dad! We love you!

5 comments:

Emily said...

Those pics are so cute!!!! I can't wait to see that baby!

I'm excited to see your apartment and everything you have done to it. Maybe I'll get some ideas on how to cuteify my own house. We all know it needs it. Bad.

So lame about Michael's bike! Zion schmion.

Chad and Jessica said...

Hurrah for awesome parents! Your folks were my "parents" on the trek. They rocked! Good ol' Brucey...he was such a good sport when we played "down by the banks" ten bazillion times...he was always in on the action.

Courtenay Beth said...

Parents are the best, and I LOVE yours! Also, those are some pretty cute pics of a pretty cute baby!

I am anxious to see your new place all spruced up...it was a smidge on the boring side when I saw it with just empty rooms and painted walls :) Can't wait! Love you, and I am SO glad you guys came to visit me...I feel the same..COME BACK!!!

Danielle said...

Wow- sounds so fun. I can't wait to see pics of the new place! Sounds like lots of cute stuff:) Love ya!

Jill said...

Yay, can't wait for that fix-up train to get to my house! :)

Sounds like you guys had a great visit, except for the bike. That sucks.

That is one good-looking baby!