Thursday, December 23, 2010

Trying to make the best of the snow...

Well, just ask anyone around here, I'm pretty much sick of living in a snowy environment. For the 4 years that I lived in Rexburg, I honestly didn't mind the winters. Yeah- they were RIDICULOUS. But I just loved my time there so much that I just let the snow be a part of that love and the experience and atmosphere. Well, when I graduated I was hoping my snowy days were over. Not so. We live in Orem now. And I will say, the snow is nowhere near as intense as in Rexburg. But I still feel a bit of sadness everytime I wake up and my car has to be dug out in order to drive it anywhere. Steph, Jarom, and Michael LOVE the snow. So I decided to shape up my attitude and try to enjoy the fatty storm we had the other day.Michael didn't know how to build a snowman! Seriously- he had no technique! So we had a quick lesson and then went to work.We don't have snow pants or anything so we had to wear jeans with long johns under. Definately not the most comfortable choice, but I had no other options!
He had a face and arms, but they are on the other side and this was the only picture we could get. It turned out to be really fun! We had a snow ball fight and played until I was numb. I'm glad Michael talked me into going out there.And this is a bonus Glamour Shot of Steph for ya while we're talking about snow. She had to spread salt outside our office. She did a great job and nobody was injured on the icy walkway! I just couldn't resist the photo moment.
I hope wherever you are you have nice Christmas weather!
MERRY CHRISTMAS!

7 comments:

Danielle said...

You guys are SO CUTE! I'm sorry, but I'm totally with you on this one. SNOW SUCKS! Especially the cold that comes with it! Love the last pic of stephy! Love you!!! MERRY CHRISTMAS!

Emily said...

So funny, I could tolerate it in Rexburg too...all part of the awesome experience I guess. That does look fun though; ONCE in awhile. Did you do m&ms for the eyes so they would melt and look all bloody and creepy?

Hope you guys travel safe and have LOTS of fun...and keep up that good attitude. :) Call me anytime, love you so much!!

Courtenay Beth said...

hahhaaaaa! I don't love the snow like they do either! I am fine to watch it, from inside the warm house! I LOOOOVE that pic of Steph, oh man, that's a keeper! We are really missing you guys! Merry Christmas!

Josh and Lauren said...

ALLL of our snow is melted here in Magna... sad kinda because we're not going to have a white Christmas. We sure enough had white Thanksgiving, but who even asks for that? Love you girl! Merry Merry!!!

Jill said...

What a good time!
But good luck making it through the rest of your Utah winter. They can get pretty nasty. Too cold in the the winter and too hot in the summer.

AMY AND MIKEY said...

hahah- love the one of steph spreading the salt- haha- glad you were able to have some fun, I knwo danielle hates it too. love you!

Carol and Bruce said...

I'm slow at seeing the blogs and this is so cute! I love that much snow once a year, right? Glad you went out and enjoyed it so much, that is a cool snowman. I bet Steph didn't know spreading salt was part of the job description:)
The picture of you and Michael is adorable. Sure miss ya!