Sunday, April 17, 2011

The Highlight of the Weekend

Look who I got to see! It had been far too long since I've had some quality time with Kim Davis (now Thomas) and Kallie Hutcheson (now Murdock).Seriously, I think it's been since high school... sad story! I honestly had NO idea that they both lived here in Utah until just a couple of months ago. And thanks to Kim, we all got a chance to catch up! Miss Kim is expecting her first baby in June so Kallie and I went on a little trip to Price, UT for her baby shower.

It was just the craziest feeling the whole time. I felt like we were 14 and just back where we used to be, but NO- we're all grown up and married and living in UTAH... what????!! Kallie has 2 beautiful babies of her own, and this is Kim's first. I know, I know... where's mine? But I'm a whole year younger than them, so I think that allows me extra time.

Kim was stunning. Seriously- she was beautiful as always, but more-so because she is so happy to be pregnant! The shower was so well done and fun and it was just great to see her so spoiled for her new babe. I got to see here mom, Nan, and sister, Amy as well which was awesome too!

Kallie and I just chatted up a storm all the way there and back. We had sooo much to catch up on and I loved every second of it! Turns out she just moved right up the road from me, so I'm hoping to see more of her! Anyway, it was a great reunion! These girls truly are fantastic and being with them brought back SOOOO many funny memories!!

5 comments:

Danielle said...

Holy Smokes- Kallie has TWO CHILDREN?! I had no idea! And Kim looks EXACTLY like her mother. Wowsers. I haven't seen or talked to them since like... ya know...freshman year or something. Good for them. I'm glad they are happy! Love you!

*Stephanie Lance* said...

Oh I'm so glad you guys all got to see each other! SOOOO sad that I missed it though! We'll have to do it again!! I can't wait to hear all about it!!! Cute pic, too!!

AMY AND MIKEY said...

That's really fun! I can't believe kallie lives right downt eh street from you! ha! love you!

Carol and Bruce said...

SOOOOO CUTE! I love those girls, I think they thought I didn't but I totally did,and do. That sounds like so much fun and I'm glad they thought of you and that you went. Nothing better than catching up with friends!

Jill said...

Hooray for old friends!