Wednesday, May 16, 2012

A Fun Weekend and a 2 Month Old Baby

Last weekend we got to go to Seattle for a very special occasion. My nephew Joseph was baptized. I cannot BELIEVE he is 8. And he just looks so grown up and he gets more and more handsome every day. We were so very proud of him and I loved being there for his special day. We were extra lucky because we arrived on his actual birthday! So the whole weekend was a big birthday/baptism party and we had a GREAT TIME! It was absolutely wonderful to see Darren, Jill, and the kids. Their precious babies are growing up too fast and it's killing me! Of course, I was teary during the baptism because he was just so adorable and it was clear that he knew how special it was. We love you, Joseph! Here are some pictures of the birthday and baptism.
 We crammed a lot of fun into this weekend! And the kids were so adorable with Harlow. Erica couldn't stop kissing her. Her kisses are so cute! She touches her lips to her and says "BUH"! It's so cute! Justin just kept commenting on how cute she was. I loved seeing her with her cousins. Speaking of Harlow, this kid is an angel! We were worried about the 5 hour drive up to Seattle, but we had no reason to be. She did not make a peep in the car. And she slept 7 hours at night, and she was perfect all day, everyday. THANK YOU, HARLOW! It was a wonderful trip!
Harlow turned 2 months old on Mothers Day. It's killing me! She's SO BIG! Last night we put her in 3-6 months old jammies and I about died. She's a growing girl that is for sure. She really learns something new everyday. Yesterday she started swatting at the toys that hang about her swing. It was so cute. She is also starting to put things in her mouth. So cute. She smiles so much and is still working on that giggle. She has slept through the night 3 times this week. BEST! And when she doesn't sleep through the night, she at least gives me 5 hours. So, I think I'm pretty spoiled. She really is such a good baby and brings us more joy than we could have ever imagined. When she is asleep, we stay up and talk about her and look at pictures and videos of her. We adore her. Michael is so sweet with her and she loves her daddy. She is trying SO HARD to suck her thumb. It's pretty cute. She gets her fist up to her mouth and struggles to get her thumb in. She'll get it someday. 
Life is great around here. Michael started work at Moss Adams and Harlow and I are loving being at home with Grandma and Grandpa :)



6 comments:

Danielle said...

She is SO CUTE! I love all the pics. I'm so glad she's such a good baby! I can't wait to meet her someday...Love you!

Chad and Jessica said...

What a sweet girl. Her hair is amazing. So....wait a sec....you guys are living here now, for good? Or for how long? if it's for awhile, we should hang out. You could come to Zumba with me! Oooooh!

*Stephanie Lance* said...

Oh I am so glad you posted pics! I was wondering how that all went! What a FUN weekend!! I'm so glad it was all so perfect! Especially the baby!! What a blessing! Going on trips can sometimes be tricky with not knowing how the baby will handle things so that is just wonderful!!! I cannot believe she is 2 months old already!!! I have been thinking so much about that lately and how big our girls will be when you guys get back! AHHH!!! I can't handle how fast they grow! It's just not fair!!! That little smile is just too stinking cute! I can't wait to see it in person!!! We miss you and love you guys!!

Emily said...

Oh man look at her smile! That's so cute! Thanks for posting pics of the baptism, I love them and was so sad I couldn't be there. Joseph looks so cute and grown up.

Miss you guys! Give Harlow kisses for me.

Josh and Lauren said...

2 Months?! NO way!! That is crazy! What a doll. I'm glad you're having the best time!!! LOVES!

Carol and Bruce said...

Grandma and Grandpa are loving having you hear to hang out with!! She was the best traveler and that was such a fun trip.