Saturday, January 26, 2008

Time for a deep breath...

WHOA- It's saturday and I can finally breathe. Talk about mixed emotions... I feel sorry for the people that put up with me right now! I'll break it down for you as best I can. I get up at 6:00 am, go to class until 12:30 or later, then work from 2-7ish then go to my tutor until 8ish, then go home and study until my eyes just will not stay open anymore. So that part of my life is... different. I don't want to say that I don't like it, because I do enjoy being busy and feeling accomplished at the end of the day, it's just exahsting. When my head hits the pillow I am OUT LIKE A LIGHT! Also, I am very blessed to LOVE my job. Man I got lucky. The people I work with are wonderful and my boss is a great guy and I've got to meet so many people I wouldn't have otherwise. So, I never dred work, it's great. When I get to work, I change into my skirt ( i have to dress up at work) and look in the mirror and I just look so haggard, and I think, well atleast I don't have to worry about boy drama this semester because I look like I'm strung out and no boys will come near me.... so I guess I can see that it a positive way. BUT- I am taking chemistry 105 and it will be the death of me. I've never failed a class, and I can tell you right now that I'm about to break that trend. You have to get a C to pass and it's RIDICULOUSLY HARD! everyone I've talked to says "oh yeah, hardest class you'll ever take in your undergrad" or "oh i took that twice". sheeesh. That class causes me to be on the verge of tears all day every day, and then I break out in tears at the worst times... in the tutoring center, at work... yikes. Nothing makes me feel worse about myself then when I don't succeed at school, because it's usually something I'm good at. I've decided to make the weekends about ME and MY FRIENDS! I don't get to spend any time with my roommates during the week or steph, i miss steph so much and she's just accross campus. So, I work hard all week, and the weekend is our time :) Tonight = dinner, hair dying, and high shcool musical!

BUT- let me tell you just how Heavenly Father has blessed me this semester and what is saving me. My roommates. I get to come home every night after being stressed and tired and see people who are wonderful. They are nice to me, always! patient, FUNNY... so funny! we have a great time and it's just what I need right now to not lose it every day. I've lived with Brooke before and Lindsey is new to me and we just click. We went to Utah last weekend for the 3 day weekend and had SOOOO MUCH FUN! the only thing missing was stephers... we went to EAST HIGH where High School Musical was filmed!! I danced on the same ground as troy bolton... ahhhhh! I was really excited, like a child on christmas! My roomies probably thought I was ridiculous but it was SO RAD! Anyway, I've lived in places where I never want to go home to what's waiting for me, and this semester I've been so lucky to love coming home to my beautiful roomies.


Change is good. That's what I've decided. Every semester is turning out to be more and more different than the last, and I think that's the way I like it, even though adjusting is super hard.

Brooke, Lindsey and I at East High! We're all in this together :)

Wildcats everywhere, wave your hands up in the air!

After Churchy

12 comments:

Emily said...

I'm so glad you blogged! You sound so super busy, I'm sorry! I'm glad that you have great roommates, that really does make things SO much easier!

You look like such a babe in those pictures!

Good luck with Chemistry...like you said, you're great at school and I know you can do it!!

I LOVE AND MISS YOU!

Collin and Tiffany said...

Jenni first off I love you so so much!!! Second, I'm so glad that you have such great roomies!! Third, I'm sorry about Chem., but you're smart and you'll pull through. You are dedicated and it'll work out!
You are such a great example to me and I'm blessed to know you and to have you as such a great friend in my life!!

Danielle said...

Oh man girl, I'm so sorry about Chemistry. I totally understand. I wish I could help you, but I would be one of those people saying, "uh I took it 5 times". Me and science are complete opposites. Emily is right, you are a super babe in all those pictures! I'm so glad you like your roommates and SO glad you got to go to East High! I LOVE high school musical. I told Clay that I want both movies for my birthday this year:) Along with dance dance revolution. :):) Alrighty, good luck with everything, you will do great. I think it's a good idea that you dedicate your weekends to friends because you need a break! LOVE YOU!!!!

Carol and Bruce said...

So glad to hear about what is going on and that you recognize your blessings and have such a positive attitude. Knowing you, I feel you will pass chemistry but if you didn't, it wouldn't be for lack of trying and it will all work out in the end. I know, that is easy for me to say! You are going to learn more than just chemistry with this challenge like how to get through some tought things in life by not giving up.

It is so great that you have that sweet job!! I'm happy for you about that. Worth waiting for, huh!

Your room mates are adorable and I'm so glad they make your life happier.

Love you,

*Stephanie Lance* said...

You girls are all SO BEAUTIFUL!!!!!! I'm so Jelouse that you got to go to the land of High School Musical but also SOOOOO excited for you!!!! I'm so happy that we finally got to spend some time together!! 3 weeks is WAY WAY WAY WAY too long!!!! I'm so glad you have Brooke and Lindsay....they really are great! love those girls!!! LOVE YOU MALLLLLLL!!!!!!!!!!!

Jill said...

So good to hear from you again! But, now I know why you haven't blogged. Holy cow, just reading about your life makes me tired. I totally know what you mean about school making you cry. Good luck with that Chemistry crap. Gross. Who needs chemistry anyway?

But I'm so happy for you about your roomies. They look adorable. How fun that you got to take a pilgrimage to East High School! Keep up the partying on the weekends so you don't drive yourself crazy!

Courtenay Beth said...

Dang girl do I ever hear ya! There was this one summer when I was going going going from 5:15 AM to 8:30 PM, with 2 bus rides in-between my 2 jobs. I Fell alseep often on the bus, and slept through my stop more than once (BAD NEWS), then when I got home to wonderful roommates (They make ALL the difference) and my hippie of a boyfriend at the time, I had to tell them Guys, I'm gonna be awake fro about 45 minutes, gotta eat and shower, so lets make the most of it, I gotta wake up in a few minutes! Crazy times, but you'll be all the better for it!
I cannot believe you were here in SLC, so close to mwah...I live 1 block from west high...probaly the rival school...hey by the way I totally saw the HSM block party celebration in DISNEYLAND! it rocked!
Anyway I'm sure you're always a babe, I would be shocked if you weren't and all the boys think so... I happen to know that you can make saturday morning jammies look glam, so you got nothin to worry about girl!
So happy you have great roomies, live it up, because things change, and you may get a nasty mix next time.
Enjoy life, Love you! Take good care of my sweet sistey!
Chort

Brynne, Aaron and Cade said...

Chem was so hard for me, I cringe at just the thought of it but you can do it! Hang in there!

My sister encouraged me to watch High School Musical this last weekend so I was like, "sure. I better see what all the fuss is about." I still don't know what all the fuss is about but you OBVIOUSLY love it and I think that's cute! Go Wildcats!

Sharon/Mom/ Grandma said...

jenni you are so beautiful!!! I love the pic of you and your mom on the side!!! I'm glad you have great roomies!!! How cool to be in the spot where they filmed the movie!!! I love going places I have seen on tv or the movies! love you!

Emily said...

Chemistry schmemistry...update your damn blog.

LeAnn said...

What cute pictures--I would love to meet your roomies--I am glad you have GOOD ones! Keep us the good(hard) work! We are all cheering for you!
PS we went to the SHS Musical, in the black box and it made me miss you and your Mother Duck outfit!!!
Sure do love you!!

AMY AND MIKEY said...

OK- I didn't read the blog, I just looked at the pictures and I just have to say- you are so freakin hot! If i were a guy- I would totally be looking at you! I'm serious!