Wednesday, March 19, 2008

Everything's Bigger in Texas



I can't believe I went to Texas. Isn't it crazy when you plan something for the longest time, and then it's over?! I've been looking at the "TEXAS!" page in my planner for months and now I've passed that page. NUTS! Well, I had a GREAT/ funny/ sick/warm/ GREAT TIME! Oh yeah- just to answer any questions real quick, I went to Texas to be a bridesmaid in my friend Shellie's wedding. Shellie is my friend because... well, because she is Michael's sister :). So I clearly met her through him, and I just love her. And here is the beautiful bride...
Isn't she gorgeous! Ok so as you can imagine, spending a weekend with Michael's WHOLE extended family was maybe a little bit stressful. I had SO many thoughts and worries and yada yada yada. Although, I was never nervous. I think because I've met them all multiple times before and I've only had good experiences and I'm able to totally be myself! Anyway, it went just great. They were SO GOOD TO ME. There were many, MANY comments made about how "Jenni's a keeper" and about how Michael and I are perfect together. I must say, I agree. Seriously, every member of that Woodmansee Family is so good to me. Especially Grandpa! He's HILARIOUS! He just lives in IF so I've spent a lot of time with him and his wife over the last 2 years. He reminds me of my dad and he had nothing but good things to say to me and about me and he took care of me when I was sick. He told me that he knew I was a keeper because the first time I went to his house, he offered me food, and I actually ate it! haha! At one point, I was in a 15 passenger van with Michael's grandparents, parents, aunts, sister in law, and niece. hahaha- it really was comical, but also very enjoyable! we just talked and laughed and I am totally myself around them, it's becoming so comfortable and i love it.

Anyway, yes- unforunately, I woke up on Thursday morning feeling awful. I didn't sleep much because I had hot flashes all night. I had a HORRID cough, I'm pretty sure I had a fever. I even broke out in Hives like I used to when I was little. You know when your head hurts to bad that you can't move your eyes... yeah it was like that. There were definately miserable moments. Like the ones where I was so weak that it took ALLLL my strength to wash my hair. Yeah- wonderful timing for a sickness. BUT, I did ok. Once we got going during the day, i was able to function.

Basically, I'm so glad I went. I love that family. They are all just SO GOOD TO ME, that's really the only way I can put it. I could tell a million examples. I get along great with all of michael's siblings and i just adore his niece and nephews, we had a lot of fun. They're getting used to me now and run and hug me when I walk in the room. I love it! The other bridesmaids were totally cool too, we all got along and had a good time arranging flowers, getting our nails done, helping shellie, wedding stuff ya know. and only in Texas could you get married on March 15th, OUTSIDE. oh mannnnn the weather was to DIE FOR! It was very sad to come back to snow. It was sunny and warm every day there!

I only cried once, but choked up multiple times because weddings just do that to me. But at one point Shellie and I were taking a picture together, and she looked at me and just started crying and said "I miss my Mikey and I wish he was here". And I said, "ME TOO!" so there was me, shellie, and his mom all tearing up hahaha! Oh and Shellie's husband Judd is radical too. They're just awesome.

So, what does all of this mean? I don't know- nobody knows.... we'll find out in approximately 1 year, 1 month, and 13 days. I'm pretty sure we all know how I hope it works out... but I'm aware that anything could happen. Anyway, there is so much more I could say but this has been long already!

10 comments:

*Stephanie Lance* said...

Mall i'm so happy that you had a good time!!! I missed you SO much and i'm so glad that you're finally home and i can't wait to see yoU! You looked So beautiful and i LOVE that picture of you! seriously you're SO cute!! The woodmansee's seem like such wonderful people and i'm so glad they are so good to you! I love you SO much!!

Emily said...

CUTE PICS!!! Oh sis, I'm glad you had so much fun but so sad that you were sick! I can just imagine you guys crying and saying you miss Mikey...that's too cute. I'm glad they're so nice to you and you can feel comfortable around them...that's great!

LOVE YOU TONS!

Carol and Bruce said...

What an experience! Glad you had fun and that you are home safely. Adorable photos, I'd like to see more and the jacket looks better, in my humble opinion.
love you and miss you!

Danielle said...

Oh it sounds wonderful- except for the sick thing- that makes me so sad for you! You look WAY pretty and cute in the picture. I wish there was a full body and close up though:) I like that you wore a little jacket with yours too. Love you!!!

AMY AND MIKEY said...

Well WEll WEll, Hangin out with the family...hehehhehe. Man, I can't wait to find out what happens when he gets home. Well, I'm glad everythign went well, and that is so awful about your sickness.....awful. That's funny about the grandpa. You did look beautiful in teh pic and I liked the jacket too. Ok- I have to know- how the heck did you get the nick name of MALL with steph? I knwo it's some inside joke- but it's killin me smalls.

Danielle said...

Hey girl- we are here ALL SUMMER LONG! YESSSSSSSS! I am totally down with riding bikes AND having picnics. We can do it all at the same time. I have a basket that we can carry our picnic in and everything! I'm soooo happy you guys are staying for summer. It will be so much easier because I won't be interning! Love ya!

Lanette said...

You look gorgeous, as does the bride, and WOW, what a story! That's really cool. My biggest fear about getting married was not getting along with Shaun's extended family (which isn't an issue, but I thought it would be!). That's awesome that you fit in with his fam, and feel comfortable with them. Let's just say that's a good omen. :)

Jill said...

Yea! What a beautiful bunch of girls! The dresses look beautiful. I love how you say approximately and then the exact amount of days left! Oh, I've been there, except I only pathetically made it to about 1 year and 9 months before I stopped counting. Oops. But I think it worked out ok. :) So sorry you were sick! Way to push through it! You are the best, no wonder they all love you!

Megan and Greg said...

Jenni, I can't believe how cute you are. I can't believe you're 21 . . . and then I realize holy cow I'm 26 . . . I guess that makes sense then. I love the Janus st. pictures. I love Zenon or whatever that movie was. And yes, lots of chocolate crinkles. And dan and steph have short hair in that picture!!!! Looks like you had a fun birthday!

Emily said...

I just read your comment on Amy's blog and you are now un-invited to my house. There will be no Jason Castro lovers here. EWWWWWW!!!!! He drives me so crazy!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
It looks like he should be skipping through a field full of daisies with the way he's always tilting his head and smiling.

EWWWWW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Gross.