Monday, June 30, 2008

Jenni and Steph's CRAZYYYY night

This is just one cop car... imagine being surrounded by 8 of them. Well, steph and I know what that's like...

Last night, Steph and I returned from our wonderful trip to Oregon for Kelly's wedding. I'll post about that ASAP. But, as we were driving from the Boise airport to Rexburg, we encountered the craziest experience I've EVER EXPERIENCED!!! Trust me, you'll want to read this...

We were just passed Pocatello when we saw 2 cop cars RACING so fast over the overpass and on to the freeway. We made comments like "wow, someone is BUUUSSSSTEEEDD". So the cops passed us and we went on with our drive. A couple of minutes later we saw 2 more cop cars do the same thing. We're like "dannnnng, someone is in trouble.". Then, a couple miles up the road, we see 2 more cop cars from the other side of the freeway flip around and join the rest of the crew. Keep in mind its 11:00 pm so the freeway in Idaho has approximately 3 cars on it. So we're like "what is going on?". Then the cop cars block the freeway with their cars and I'm thinking "if there is someone scary up there, I really dont want to be a part of this". But then the cop cars moved and let us pass so we were like, whatever... cool! Then we see MORE COP CARS! By this time there are atleast 10 and we're starting to panic saying things like "what in the H is going on?!?!?!?!?!" So, at this point, on my right- 2 cops are pulling a punk kid over and we're like ok sweet- they caught him, phewww! But where are the rest of the million cops? Then I drive about another half mile and i see the rest of the cops on the left hand side of the road and when I passed them, I felt a weird bumb and said "WHAT IN THE WORLD WAS THAT?" but in my head I was saying, "we just ran over spikes". And, just as I suspected, about 20 seconds later we started wobbling and I knew I had atleast 1 flat tire. So, I pulled off the the side of the road, beginning to really panic.

I know this has been long already... but trust me... it gets better...

So as I'm pulling over, the car in front of me is pulling over also. They have a flat tire too. All I can think is, "if the cops are trying to catch either me or this guy, I know it's not me, so I'm stuck here with a freaking fugitive!!" So Steph get's out of the car and asks him if he has a flat tire too, and i quickly remind her to get back in the car. We locked the doors and I rolled down my window just a smidge so that I could talk to him. He says in VERY broken english, "no speaky english, i have flat tire, what do I do?" and I told him, "I'm going to call for help". and he says, "will you call for me too". and I say "sure". But, I didn't need to call for help because right at that moment 2 cop cars pull up behind me. I was on the phone with my mom by this time, beginning to cry and so was steph. So the cop comes up and he smiles and says, "WE ARE SO SORRY, BUT WE WERE ON A HIGH SPEED CHASE AND WE THOUGHT IT WAS YOU!". I'm not kidding you guys!!! all of those cop cars on the free way were chasing after ME! and they passed me so that they could put a spike strip in the road to get me!! YIKESSSSSSSS!!!!!! I told the cop I was having a heart attack!! So I got out and he began to put my spare on and inform me that they did catch the bad guy. He also said, " just so you know, the guy that was in charge of all of this is very embarrassed" In the process of the police officer putting my spare on, 5 more cop cars showed up. They all did the same thing, got out of their car and mocked the officer who did it. They said things like "haha, you got the wrong girl." or "you didn't even put the strip out right, because you only got one of her tires not all 4". I felt bad for the guy, they were really giving him a hard time! But seriously- that's quite a mistake! So, they get my stinkin' donut tire on and I proceed to drive the rest of the way to Rexburg going 50 MPH with my hazard lights on. sheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeesh! Semi trucks were FLYING passed me! we got home at 1:45 am and I felt like I was dreaming!

So today I went into les schwabb and they patched up my tire for free. they loved my story too! If there are any problems with it or if I need a new tire, the cop gave me his card and he's gonna pay for it.

HOLY SMOKES! how's that for a trip home?! I was chased and spiked by the police!!!

19 comments:

Emily said...

Don't you know you can't outrun the police? I love that story! I love that Steph got out of the car to talk to that guy, even though you thought he was a psycho...so funny! He probably thought she was the psycho with that patch on her eye!!!

Oh man this makes me laugh so much. Poor, dumb cop who got the wrong car. Glad you guys survived!

Aimee said...

I am cracking up so hard right now!! That is amazing. I can't believe they thought that sweet Jenni was a fugitive but now you have the best story to tell your grandkids!

Danielle said...

That story is SO funny. I told Clay and he said, "Why the heck were they crying?! I'd be like: AWESOME!" hahha. I would cry too. You guys are so funny. I can't believe they thought you guys were bad guyes. SO funny. I feel bad for that silly cop who planned it all wrong. hahaaha. I love you guys!

Collin and Tiffany said...

Oh my gosh!! I really can't stop laughing!! Good thing it was you and Steph, that just makes it funnier!! I really am glad you are ok and that all four of your tires didn't pop. That would have really not been fun.
Dang!! What an adventure!!! I left you guys too soon!!

*Stephanie Lance* said...

Hahahahahahahah oh my gosh i really can't stop laughing!!!!!!!!! It's SO SO SO funny now but man was that SCARY!!!! it really does feel like a dream!!! hahahahaha just talking about it makes me crack up!!! it was so funny! i really just wish our life was a movie!!! that would've been good!!! I'm just glad i got to experince that adventure with you! hahahah love you mall!!!

Kelly and Tyler said...

oh my goodness!!!! I can't believe that happened to you guys!!! What a crazy way to end your oregon trip!

thank you so much for being there you two!!!!

Courtenay Beth said...

oh man, so funny jen...so freaking funny! i love it all, so perfect , it really couldn't have got any better, what an adventure! I'm sure at the time therer was not really anything funny about it, but looking back, freaking hilarious! I'm happy things like this happen to people, to make us all laugh. I think we lose weight when we luagh that hard, and if that' the case, I will be re-reading your blog daily till I slim down some :) J/k
Love you Jen Jizzle, yep still laughing!

Carol and Bruce said...

Scary for all concerned! Mom and Dad were totally scared to death and frustrated not to be able to help. You handled it better than I would have that is for sure. I'm just so grateful you weren't hurt. Good think that cop was nice to you! Are you ready to make another road trip real soon??

Shudd and Jellie said...

holy cow girl!! That is one CRAZY story!! I can't believe they thought they were supposed to get you, of all people lol!! I'm glad you are ok...I think I would have died of a heart attack! I do have to be honest, that is hysterical!

LeAnn said...

That story is much more funny now than it was that night I am sure! You have a good attitide about your crazy "adventures"! I just wish one of you would have snapped a photo of the whole thing!

greg&sarina said...

thanks for sharing your story!! what a fun memory for you ans steph to add to your collection!

Jill said...

You Jolleys! First, your mom's house being surrounded with the SWAT team and now you're chased down by the police! That is insane!!!! I feel bad for the dumb cop too. But what about you guys! Glad you were only out one tire. Wow, what a good story you have now. I'm sure glad Steph was with you. Could you imagine going through that yourself?!

Lanette said...

Holy smokes is right! That's so crazy!

Anonymous said...

The cops at this house think that is THE best story of a high speed chase ever! At the county's xmas party that would earn the "Half Horse Award" (back half, by the way). Poor you and poor cop.

That is almost as good as one of our probation agents that locked himself in the back of the State transport (cage car) car at the Humane Society in SLC after hours. The only person around was a Mexican worker raking leaves who wasn't about to look his direction. Poor guy was locked in the back seat w/ a really pissed off cat that he just bought for his kids.

rose said...

ok SERIOUSLY ONE OF THE BEST STORIES EVER!!! so funny.
aaron says "that is SO GHETTO that she got spiked by the cops."
hahahahaha
at least we know they are trying to do their job, right?
and you guys are SO DANGEROUS! DANGEROUSLY AWESOME!!!
love you!

Kara said...

Hi Jenni! It's Kara, Emily's friend in Vegas. She told me to read your blog and what a story! That's a good one that you can always remember and tell it for years and no one will believe you! Glad it worked out ok, but seriously, how dumb are those cops?? How embarrassing!!!

The Webb Family said...

I think that is the funniest story I have ever heard!! I called my mom to tell her, has grandma Fern heard all about it? She'd get a big kick out of it. You are deffinately brave I would have been bawling like crazy too. Glad it all turned out ok and that you and Steph made it home
Andrea

Dan and Heather said...

K I really think that is one of the coolest stories I have heard in a long time! What an awesome adventure!! Scary as heck, but so funny!

WASHINGTON SOUTHWORTHS said...

Holy moly!! I don't think I've ever read your blog, but Em's linked up to it on her latest post and I HAD to read your story!! That is one for the records. So scary but so funny. I think I would've been crying too until we found out what was going on.
Thanks for a good laugh!!

- Jenn (Toftdahl) Southworth