Friday, July 10, 2009

Aberdeen Days!

My lovely roommate Lindsey Palmer now has her own blog (YAY!), which means that she already blogged about Aberdeen Days, but since most of you haven't discovered her blog yet, I'm going to post about it too because it was the best weekend of the summer! As expected! As usual, be prepared for LOTS of pictures! It's just too hard to choose. Lindsey is from a small town in Idaho called Aberdeen. For those of you who haven't experienced small towns in Idaho, you are MISSING OUT! I fell in love with Aberdeen last year during Aberdeen Days and was SO excited to go back this year! They have this huge town party and it's awesome! We started out the weekend with a night time boat ride on Friday night...
We had quite a crowd this year! There were 11 of us college kids that came and inavded Aberdeen and the Palmer home. They were SO good to us! It really was a blast. A weekend with my greatest friends in the greatest town. Saturday morning we went to have breakfast in the park with the whole dang town! It was so great! There was also a pretty radical car show that we checked out after breakfast. It made me think of Dad the whole time! He would have loved it!
The rest of Saturday just got better and better! We went to the lake all morning and played on the boat. We went tubing (I didn't mention that before I went, mom, because I knew that'd make you nervous!), and layed in the sunshine. And good news people, I LATHERED on the sun screen and made it through the whole day with just sunburned knee caps hahaha!!! PHEWPH!
We took a break from the lake and headed into town for the parade!! WA HOOO!!!!! It was super fun! The boys were all over the candy throwing and we collected alot of loot! Then, we had more fun at the lake until the sun went down! To end this wonderful day, we went to the town fish fry in the park! SO GREAT! I was in heaven the whole time. Seriously, it was just a 100% blissful weekend! And, the slumber parties with my girls everynight were fabulous as well!!
And these are the wonderful Palmer parents with the 11 kids they took in for the weekend! They were SO SO GOOD TO US! We had delicious food, so much fun, and lots of laughs! THANK YOU PALMERS!!!

7 comments:

Emily said...

That sounds so fun! I would love all that small town goodness!

Lindsay's parents are troopers, and so nice to let you all crash. So glad you guys had a great time!

Lindsey said...

Oh Jenni, I am so so so so so happy that you love Aberdeen because I also love Aberdeen and happen to love you too!!! And you are always welcome to come back anytime. It really was the best weekend and the highlight of the summer!

Carol and Bruce said...

That looks like so much fun and totally reminds me of a Beaver 4th or 24th of July. Small town parties are really the best ever. Thanks for sparing me the news about the water activities, you were right in doing that:)
Love the pictures and so glad you had a great time with all those great people.

Lindsay has some awesome parents to put up with that tribe.

Jill said...

Ooh, those tubing pictures make me want to get out on a boat in the lake so bad!!! That sounds great! Idaho is the bomb after it thaws out for summer!

*Stephanie Lance* said...

AWWWWWWWWWWWW MAN!!!!! I'm so sad i missed it!! I LOVE Aberdeen days! I'm glad you all got to go again though! EVerything looks like so much fun! I missssss you so bad and i get so jealous of the people that get to be with you everyday!!! MAN! i love you mall! can't wait to see you!!!

*Stephanie Lance* said...

P.s. Remember last year when i got a mysterious swollen ankle and sausage toes? hahahhahaha so funny!!!

Josh and Lauren said...

basically i love you and am so glad we got to see eachother last weekend! it was magical.

thanks for allowing me to spill my guts last night....i've only told you and my sister. haha.

you're the best. i love love love love love you.