Tuesday, November 3, 2009

Our First Halloween

There is so much that I love about this picture. 1.Nicholas- he didn't want to be in the pic, but that actually worked perfectly for his costume, he looks just like Napoleon! lol! 2. The costumes ROCK! Ben is an awesome hippie, Bella looking good as a G.I joe, beth gorgeous as Dorothy, and I totally loved Mel's festive outfit, and of course... Pooh :)

Oh how I love Halloween! There isn't much better than cute kids running around the streets in awesome costumes. We had such a great day! We were tremendously blessed to spend the day with the Andy Sorensen family. Yep- Mel, Andy, Beth, Nick, Ben, and Bella were all here! They met us down here in Provo for the afternoon. And thank goodness they did because Michael was in group meetings all morning and afternoon so they kept me company! We went up to campus and looked around the bookstore and such. It was really fun because I've actually never been there. And it was really fun to hear about all of Mel's fun college experiences. Then, they were ever so kind and took me to a delicous lunch where I stuffed my face :).

That night was the highlight of course, TRICK-OR -TREATING! Michael and I came up to SLC where the Sorensen fam was so kind to let us crash their Halloween festivities. Is it just me, or am I the queen of crashing my siblings in-laws parties? Whoops! We got all dressed up and headed on out! First stop, the ward trunk or treat.Then off to the neighborhoods! Andy had some family in a GORGEOUS neighborhood in SLC. I felt like we were in an awesome Halloween movie. Every house was decorated, there were bunches of kids racing from door to door, cute lanterns lining the streets. It was perfect! I loved watching the kids say in unison "TRICK OR TREAT!" so cute. And mostly, I love just walking and chatting with my sister!Michael as a scarecrow, and me as a pirate. Our costumes came together pretty well considering I put the together the day before Halloween. I just wish I had an eye patch!Beth stayed back in Provo for a bit with me while her fam headed up to see some other family. I just love her and she is so beautiful!Michael and I with the whole fam :) Dressing up is so fun! Michael will absolutely kill me for posting this. But I thought you'd like to see a blast from the past. This was Halloween while we were dating before his mission. We switched clothes and dressed up as each other. hahahaha!

8 comments:

Bee Happy Stamper said...

Jealous on so many levels!!! I'm glad you guys had a good Halloween!
I love Andy & Mel and family!

I always knew Andy was a big POOH!!! (of course I kid)

Josh and Lauren said...

OH my gosh, I REMEMBER that Halloween!!!!!! HAHAHAHA!!! LOVE it. GIRL-we MUST talk. :)

Emily said...

HA ha ha aha ha ha hahahahahahahahhahahahahahah. Love the last pic.

That Halloween does sound perfect. I swear, half the houses we went to had all their lights off...BOO. I want kids running through the streets and scary houses and all that. Lucky!

And double lucky that you got to hang with Mel and the gang, I bet that was just so much fun.

I love ALL THE COSTUMES!!!

*Stephanie Lance* said...

HA hahahahahahha that last pic i s a crack up! I love all those costumes!!!! Everything looks and sounds SO FUN!!! I'm so glad you got to spend time with your fam!!! What a fun surprise!! You guys looked great! LOVE YOU!

Carol and Bruce said...

I'm so glad you love Halloween and that you got to spend it with the Sorensens. LUCKY! That sounds like the perfect Halloween day in every way and those pictures are all great and the costumes AMAZING. I bet Easton would have loaned you his eye patch.

Kelly and Tyler said...

hahahahahaah
I LOVE that picture of you two before the mission
missssss you

Jill said...

Wow! Great Halloween. How lucky you got to hang out with the Sorensens! It reminds me of the time they visited Darren and me in Provo when we were first newly married and took us out to a yummy dinner! They're so great. Great costumes. Great costumes back in the day, too.

Shudd and Jellie said...

Sounds like your Halloween was perfect! How fun!! PS HOW HYSTERICAL is that last pic?!? Michael's little flippy hair do sent me over the edge!!! LOL Judd says "niiice"...