Monday, October 26, 2009

Fall Happenings

I love the fall! As I drive around, I find myself just staring at the trees. They are so beautiful. The weather is just perfect and Michael and I are very happy. We've been up to a lot of fun things lately! Steph and Jarom moved to town... in our apartment complex... wahoo!! We've been having a great time already! I feel so at home with Steph as my neighbor, and seeing her at church, and calling her to barrow things. What's right is right!
We had a great time carving pumpkins! Steph is wearing my rubber gloves because the inside of their pumkin was moldy... ewww! Also, I had given blood that day so really, everyone else did the hard work because I was afraid that my arm was going to bust open or something!
Here's Mikey outisde our door. My mom got me that cute fall decoration! And since this was taken, we've added another pumpkin to our family because we also carved with our friends Charlotte and Jared which was a fantastic time! It was SO fun to see them again!
We made pies for enrichment! I mean... relief society meeting. It was really fun! I have never made a pie! Our bishop's wife is the sweetest lady and she taught us a really easy pie crust recipe that tasted DELICIOUS! I really have an awesome relief society, so we had a great time!I know, it's not the prettiest pie ever, but it was delicious and that's what counts! I'll continue to work on the whole presentation part.

And then, just last night we had friends over to decorate halloween cookies with us! Steph and Jarom of course, and then our neighbors Nik and Dawna. They are super great and we're really enjoying getting to know them! We played the game Loaded Questions afterwards and it was HILARIOUS!! It's not fall in my house without Halloween cookies :) Thanks, mom for that delicious tradition! We had TONS of cookies. I was shoving them down everyone's mouths and making them take bunches home! haha!

I have to mention one other thing for all you Rexburg lovers like Michael and I. There is now a Craigo's in PROVO! YES!! It isn't called Craigo's though, it is called Pizza Pie Cafe because of some legal problems with the name and franchize and blah blah blah. But it's the exact same place with the exact same DELCIOUS food! Michael and I went and I felt like a child! We were both so happy. We pulled in the parking lot and there were like 10 lisence plates from Rexburg. Michael said... "Wow, look at all these Burgers!!!". It felt like home hahaha! So, there's yet another reason to come visit us :)

Anyway, we're doing well and we're very happy! Michael is working so hard at work and school and he's enjoying his classes! I am LOVING my job! I love the people I work with, I love the patients, I love using what I learned in school. We are being so blessed!

6 comments:

Emily said...

I'm so glad you know how to make pie crust because mine never turns out. That's your job for Thanksgiving. :)

Also, I'm jealous of your Craigos...NOT FAIR!

Looks like you guys are having so much fun...ah to be a newlywed.

Megan and Greg said...

That's so awesome Steph is so close! I remember being newly married and hanging out with Amy and Mike all the time. It was the best. You look so happy in your pics! I love it!

LeAnn said...

That is right--"What's right is right!

Carol and Bruce said...

Wow, Suzie homemaker! Your pie looks beautiful and I'm so glad you enjoyed making it. I want your crust recipe. I do love those Halloween cookies too and wish I didn't, it's just impossible to stay out of them. Those are some fancy cookies you guys decoraged.

Oh, and your valance looks great and your shelf and picture frame. Good job!

Is that a home or the church where you made the pies? I love all that counter space. Relief Society rules!

Carol and Bruce said...

Oops, I see I made a typo in my comment. I hope Emily doesn't see it:)

Jill said...

So much to say!

1. Didn't you and Steph always dream about sharing a house with your husbands or am I making that up? Talk about a dream come true! So glad you guys get to be so close!

2. Isn't it weird how it's not Enrichment anymore. It's more work to call it a Relief Society activity.

3. Beautiful Halloween cookies! A fave tradition at our house as well.

4. No way, a Craigo's in Provo??? So if you will be in Provo anytime between December 21-28, you will have a date with me there. I guess our husbands could come too. If you're not there, I'll have to drag the rest of my family there.