Wednesday, December 2, 2009

Our Very Happy First Thanksgiving Together!

There is so much to say and SO many pictures to share about our first Thanksgiving weekend. Michael and I went to Vegas to spend the holiday with Em, Steve, Easton, and Carly! Oh where to begin. It was absolutely fantastic! Thanksgiving day was great. Emily cooked up a storm, I made a pie, Em and Steve got a chocolate pie especially for me (which was divine by the way), we ate at Emily's friends Nick and Christi's house, Christi also cooked up a storm, all of the food was DELICIOUS, there were 4 adorable children to play with and watch, the boys took naps, the girls plotted our shopping adventures, it was a perfect day. I ended the day stuffed just like it should be! And black friday... wowza! We didn't go to sleep. We shopped from Midnight to 4 AM! I gotta say, while we were out, I had a great time! When we got in the car to drive home, I was pooped! There were some sweet deals though, so I guess that explains the traffic and tons of people! Ok, so I have so many fun pictures and stories to share about the best part of the weekend... playing with the family :). So, I'm going to post them all and if you don't make it all the way through, it's all good!Easton has SUCH a great imagination! I cannot explain to you how much I enjoyed playing with him and watching him play and hear him come up with such fun imaginary games. We were making funny faces here :). One of his favorites was to play pirates! The couch was our ship, michael and easton made a treasure map, and we would swim through the sea looking for burried treasure! SO ADORABLE!OH! Are there words for how beautiful this baby is? I think not. I enjoyed every second with her. She had such good smiles and chatter for me. I don't know of a happier baby.The Strip! I am seriously fascinated with the strip. I just find it all quite amazing and I love going down there. Michael had never been and he really enjoyed it. Although, the truth is that he mostly enjoyed listening in on all of the Chinese people. Em and I even chatted with Elvis, just for you dad :)Christmas festivities! We went to the cactus gardens to see the lights and Santa. It was awesome. Just what I needed to get in the spirit. I was so proud of Easton, I went right up to Santa and told him what he wanted for Christmas. And the greatest hosts ever. I love Emily and Steve so much. We had such a blast. We played a seriously intense game of Risk (Steve dominated) and just enjoyed each other. We really had an amazing time in Las Vegas, thank you SO MUCH Rogers!!Look familiar?!! It's grandma's house and the tire shop!! I took Mikey to BEAVER! WAHOO! I was seriously so happy to be there. It has been far too long and I have some wonderful memories there. We were able to visit with Grandma for almost 2 hours and Val and Ila for a bit as well! Grandma is sharp as a tac and we had such a fun time! Sorry about the marathon post. I just had so much fun and wanted to share it all. I had THE WORST case of the Mondays when we came home. I was not happy to leave at all. But luckily, there is always something to look forward to and Michael and I really enjoy our lives here in Provo. I'm SO THANKFUL!

7 comments:

Courtenay Beth said...

wow! What a fun post!!! Thanks for sharing! LOVE the pics, especially of the kids! SO cute!!!

Emily said...

Oh I'm all sad reading this...I'm having a bad case of the Wednesdays...come back!!! I love that pic of Carly in the bath!

You guys are just the most fun and too kind to play with my kids. I can only play pirates and trains for so long, so to have fun people like you take over was a dream. THANK YOU!! He's still talking about you guys, he just loves you so much.

And what are you talking about, you made more than a pie, you cooked just as much as me and were so helpful! I'm glad you had a good Thanksgiving, I really wanted you to.

Thanks for going shopping all night with me, it wouldn't have been fun without you. But dang, I was so tired.

LOVE YOU GUYS SO MUCH!!
Thanks for everything!!!!!


Oh, and I love the Beaver pics. Such a happy place!

*Stephanie Lance* said...

I love this blog! I was getting teary eyed reading it! I know exactly how you feel and i'm so sorry you had to leave them!! Its totally the PITS! Carly is SOOOOO Precious!! What a smiley little baby!! She is smiling in all the pics!!! Love the Beaver pics! I'm so glad you got to stop by! So special!!! I'm so glad you had a great Thanksgiving! Love you!!

Danielle said...

Looks like tons of fun! Did you know I've NEVER seen Em's kids in real life? They are so cute. I bet they have the cutest personalities. I'm glad you're so happy!!! Love you!

Carol and Bruce said...

I'm teary eyed too, of course, and loved ALL the pictures. Carly has changed so much, I love the bath tub picture and Easton is looking so big. I like the one of you two with Grandma and she couldn't stop talking about your visit. Beaver is just the greatest and I'm glad you agree. I'm glad your first Thanksgiving was such a memorable one. Take care and I'll see you in two weeks!!

Michael Woodmansee said...

I wish that we could be pirates again that was fun. I also wish we could eat more pie! Emily you can have the crust.

Jill said...

Wow, that pic of Carly looks like a model picture out of a magazine! It makes me miss her soooo much.

Your trip sounds like great fun. Even the shopping part! I missed you in Oregon though.

So glad you went to Beaver!