Saturday, February 27, 2010

The anticipation is killing us!

I think by now that most everyone knows that Michael has applied to the accounting program here at BYU. That is why we are here. It is the best in the country and he's always wanted to give it at shot. He turned in his application at the very beginning of January and was told it would be 30-60 days until he heard a response. He has been anxiously awaiting as the days climb into the high 50s. FINALLY- 2 days ago, he excitedly sat me down in front of the computer to see a screen that said "a decision has been made on your application, click here to see". AHHHH!!! CLICK IT CLICK IT!!! So, he did, and this is what it said.... "because many applicants are finishing their pre-reqs this spring semester, we will re-review your application on July 12th". AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH! Do they even understand how tortorous that is? We have lives to plan people! If he doesn't get in, he needs to apply for another program, or we might be in China, or go back to Rexburg. There are so many options and we need to know!

But, Michael being the incredible optimist that he is says to me,"this is great news, I didn't get rejected right off the bat!" :) He's right. That is a very good news. We truly hope that Michael gets in. He wants this really bad. And even though I by no means LOVE Utah, it's dry weather, and BYU-Idaho hating students, we have had some great opportunities open up for us here, so it would be great to stick in one place for a while. But, he assures me that if he doesn't, life will go on, and there are many other options open to him. And I know that's true. He's worked really hard to make sure he has other paths he could take. Anyway... that's the status!
Also, last weekend Lindsey and Anessa came to town. PARTAY! So we had the whole gang over for some home-made pizza and we had a blast! Lindsey and Anessa stayed with us and trust me, we love having sleep overs so it was great fun. Brookie bear, Steph, and Jarom were a part of the fun too and really it is SO fun to have all of these people together. If only we could talk Anessa into moving down here, we'd definately do this more often. someday!

That's life recently :) We're loving it and very happy as usual.
P.S- 2 antibiotics and 1 doctors visit down, and I'm feeling MUCH better. thanks :)

10 comments:

Courtenay Beth said...

oh MAN! Torture!!! Good luck with the acceptance, and GOOD luck trying to keep your mind off of that decision...LOL...John and I are in the same boat kinda, he'll go to special forces selection in May, and IF he gets in we'll move, east coast, blah blah blah, ten year plan ensues, if NOT, well then there are some other options, the UNKNOWN is so frustrating!!! So I feel your pain!

Also, you guts look like you're having SO much fun! Yeah for friends! and homemade pizza!!!

LeAnn said...

Thanks for the update--I know it is hard to wait. I do not blame you for being frustrated. Have faith and enjoy this time you have together as much as you can--Grown-up life can wait!! Looks like a fun partay! love you guys!!!!

AMY AND MIKEY said...

Uh china? I must have missed a few posts! I'm going to have to research this one. China?! What the heck?! Well, try to stay busy so the time goes by fast. And like he said, he hasn't been turned down yet, that is great!

Danielle said...

Oh man- that sucks BIG TIME! I can't believe you have to wait SO MUCH LONGER! Ughhhhhhhhhhhhhhh. I'm so sorry. By the way- I love your curly hair in the last post. So pretty! Love you!

Carol and Bruce said...

I'm so glad you are feeling better!! That stinks about the long wait, I'm really hoping it works out that he gets in so you can keep your job but thankfully he is so well prepared with other options.

Love the picture of your visit with the girls and that you all keep in touch.

We all missed you this week, it didn't feel quite right without Aunt Jenni & Michael.

Emily said...

I'm so glad you're feeling better. We need to chat, I feel like it has been ages since we talked. That SUUUUCKS about the re-reviewing thing. So torturous. Sounds like you guys have some good back-ups, and that's great. I know things will work out for you guys...they always seem to. :)

LOVE YOU SO MUCH!

Mel D said...

I swear those college admissions people like messing with people's lives. We found out 2 weeks before the term started that Rob got into his program. 2 weeks?! (though it wasn't too big of deal for us...) I hope he gets in! That is good news. =) Though sooooo long to wait.

Jill said...

Oh, Jenni, I've been there!!! It's the worst playing that waiting game. Hang in there! Michael is so smart to have lots of options ready to go. We'll be praying you get in.

It looks like you are having a good old time with friends. So glad so many moved to BYU with you and/or visit often!

And BTW, I totally feel you on the BYU-I hating thing in Provo! But sometimes I wondered if it was just me not ever feeling like BYU could match up to Rexburg. :)

Lanette said...

Wow, they are torturing you guys! Your husband is a total optimist, and your good attitudes are such a good example to me. We hope he gets in!

Lindsey said...

Jenn, I'm just barely seeing this post because I'm a horrible blogger! But I love the picture and we definitely have to do that again! Who knew we could still have slumber parties after you got married??? :) Love you guys!