Wednesday, March 10, 2010

23

Remember when we used to play MASH when we were little? I would always choose to be married at like 20, and have 3 kids by the time I was 23, and live in a mansion, and drive sweet cars and all of that. hahahaha. So laughable now.

I turned 23 on Monday. Really?! It's so weird. I mean, I know that 23 is not old. But I really still feel 18! It's crazy. I'm happy to be 23, I think it'll be a great year. It's just weird. And I'll tell you one thing. My birthday was made absolutely FANTASTIC by all of the people that love me. THANK YOU to everyone for the thoughtful cards, gifts, texts, phone calls, messages. All of it, I honestly felt so special all day and it was so appreciated. It was so great to chat with my siblings, parents, nieces & nephews, friends, all on one day! Birthdays rock!

My parents have always done a great job of making my birthday fun growing up, and Michael took over wonderfully this year. He took me to get a massage, we went to dinner and to see Dear John (loved it), AND, my birthday actual birthday present was my rings being fused together. YAY! I'm so happy with them. They are 1 now and I love it. They're not clinking into each other all of the time anymore. Do I have a thoughtful husband OR WHAT? I had mentioned that to him before, he remembered, and had it done. stud. I can't stop looking at it.
Stephanie made my favorite birthday cake and we had a celebration with the Lances. We felt like our parents. Eating cake and chatting all night on a birthday :). It's a great tradition to continue. Jarom even got the frosting I like. Thank you guys!
And now, a moment of silence for Sarah.........thank you. My friend Sarah took me out to lunch on my birthday, sweet much? I know! This was a very happy time. We love catching up and such. Why the moment of silence you ask? Sarah is no longer my co-worker :(. She found a new freaking sweet job and I'm thrilled for her. But she is missed!
Basically, March 8th was wonderful this year. I felt so special. And I'm truly SO thankful for all of you in my life that have the ability of making me feel so loved. Thank you from the bottom of my heart for your happy thoughts and words on my bday :).

11 comments:

Megan and Greg said...

Jenni, just wait 'till your 28. It just keeps on gettin' weirder. Happy Bday!

Sarah said...

You post made me tear up! Man I freakin miss you so much! This is just getting crazy. Maybe the ENT's need a therapist...or something so I can sneak you over to me again. Boo...I miss you! You deserved an amazing birthday and I'm so glad you had one!

Emily said...

Glad you had a great day!!! Way to go mikey...nice remembering! I still don't have my rings fused together. Maybe I should do that.

Love you!

*Stephanie Lance* said...

Yay!! I'm so glad your birthday was special!! And i'm also glad that we are back together for our birthdays again!!

Love you!

P.s. I like how you chopped that picture off he he :)

*Stephanie Lance* said...

Yay!! I'm so glad your birthday was special!! And i'm also glad that we are back together for our birthdays again!!

Love you!

P.s. I like how you chopped that picture off he he :)

AMY AND MIKEY said...

I'm so happy that you had a great day! Birthday's are the best! You looked so beautiful in that group picture of you and steph with husbands- gorgeous! And that is so funny when you said it was like your parents-hahah.

Anessa said...

YAY! I am glad your birthday was so great! Good job from Michael! You deserved all of it!! And don't worry about that mansion thing because you have Hotel Woodmansee which is so much better :)

Jill said...

Good birthday! That's hilarious that you and Steph felt like your parents. Keep it up!

Anonymous said...

Really, what is the weirdest thing ever? Wait until you are the same age as your mom was when you were really conscious about her age. I get weirded out on a regular basis thinking, "OMG, I am the same as as my mom was when we/she...." and then I realize that she WASN'T that old back then.

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Carol and Bruce said...

Super cute post and I'm glad you had a good birthday. It was weird for me too, I just felt like you are all grown up with a husband now and everything and I feel pretty old for my baby to be 23.

I'm glad you and Steph are back together on your birthdays and that you feel like your parents:) We've had a lot of fun sharing our birthdays all these years.