Monday, March 29, 2010

Busy, Happy Life

We've been busy lately and it's been wonderful! Our life has been full of great suprises, visits, and family!

First of all, My mom came to town! It was so wonderful to have her here. I really miss my mom out here, so it was just what I needed to have her around for a while. I didn't want her to leave!! She came to our funny married ward, we went to Michael and I's favorite breakfast spot, and then we headed down to BEAVER! Oh it was so great to be there again. Grandma's house is just like she left it and I loved all of the memories. I told mom that I really wanted the "beaver" experience, so she took me to the local diner which I'm certain has not been redecorated since 1950. We went into a drug store, and the lady had a big beehive hair-do. I seriously felt like I had fallen into another century. I loved it!

Emily, Easton, Carly, Marc, Connie, Kellen, and Caleb came to meet up with us too. Even though it as a very short visit, I needed a fix of my babies and my siblings and it was wonderful!! I hate saying goodbye though. We also got to see cousins Andrea, Valorie, and Stephanie- SO FUN!

I came home from Beaver to celebrate Steph's 23rd birthday!! WAHOO! We had another great gathering with the Lances and I was happy to be with her. It's great to be together on our birthdays and I feel SO lucky to have her as a neighbor again!

Lastly, a fabulous opportunity has fallen into Michael and I's lap. My friend and co-worker Loriol's parents own a house here in Provo. It is split into an upstairs and downstairs apartment. Loriol found out for me that it will be available in April. So, Michael and I went to check it out. 2 bedrooms, backyard, garden, covered parking, furniture, less than what we're already paying, hallelujah! WE LOVE IT! So, we will be moving in, in 1 month! YAY! We're so excited! It's really a cute little joint and I can't wait to live there.

That's us lately :). We're very happy and are just feeling so thankful lately for how well life has treated us since we've been married.

10 comments:

Sarah said...

I love you!!! Man, I so wish we would have been in the same ward, but I could not be happier for the new apartment!! But I have to say I miss you more than I could ever express. I so wish you would've gotten a picture of that beehive hair-do :)

Kelly and Tyler said...

Sounds like things are going great!!! i am going to be in UTAH from the 16th through the 25th ish. We'll have to get together!

Danielle said...

That is AWESOME about that new place you get to live! Isn't it the best moving somewhere that is cheaper than your current condition? It's basically the best news ever when your a newlywed. I'm so happy you're happy. Love you!

*Stephanie Lance* said...

YAHOOOO!!!! I'm So excited for your new little place!! I can't wait to see it!!! It's a bitter but very sweet thing!!! We sure will miss you guys as our neighbors but it was SO fun while it lasted!!! I'm so glad life is treating you guys well!! Isn't that the BEST feeling!!! LOVE YOU!!!!

Josh and Lauren said...

This is SOOO wonderful! Cannot wait to see your little house! You have to come see mine!!!! YAY!!!!!! LOVE LOVE LOVE!

Emily said...

So sad I missed the diner. I have never been there and I must go next time. I do always love the variety store though. Where else can you get a phone with giant buttons, barbies, looms, and soap from the 70's? Good times.

It was so good to see you even if it was just for a second. Love you tons!

Carol and Bruce said...

I love your pictures, mine aren't that great and especially the one at the cemetary since I didn't get to go there. I should have but you know, I had to hear the singers from Parowan.

That was such a wonderful week, thanks so much for having me and for treating me so special, I just loved every minute with you and Michael. I wish we would have had more time together in Beaver, hopefully we plan another trip. Good thing we had to find a hair net or we would have missed the Fillmore Drug. The Variety Store is still my favorite though, lots of memories there.

I'm excited for you about the house and glad I got to see it, it's super great.

Love you so much!

AMY AND MIKEY said...

SAY WHAT? YOu are parting from STEPH?! That is wonderful you are able to find such a cheap and nice apartment- i'm happy for you- and glad that you're happy being married! It's really sweet to read:)

Anessa said...

I cant wait to come visit your new house!! That is so fantastic!

And I love family gatherings! How fun that so many of you got to be there. I bet your mom loved it!

Jill said...

Whoa, the new place sounds so sweet! Way to go.

And way to go on going to Beaver! Sounds like a party. I want to see this variety store. Do you not love the cheese curds like me? I must buy squeaky cheese when I am in Beaver.