Monday, April 5, 2010

The 180th Annual General Conference of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints

When I was younger, I loved conference weekend because I got to sleep in and only had to go to 2 hours of church. Now, I love conference weekend because I get to watch 8 hours of church, and I live close enough to actually attend. What a fantastic experience. For those of you who have never attended a session of conference in the conference center, please do. When the prophet walks in the room, and everyone stands up, there is no denying the feelings that you get when you see him walk in. I don't feel that way when I see joe schmoe walk in the room. I feel that way about Thomas S. Monson because he is a prophet of God.
My thoughts on this conference:

- Technology is an amazing blessing. President Monson is a prophet, just like Moses, or Joseph Smith, but unlike those old days, we are lucky enough to be able to hear and see him speak!

-The world is definaltey trying to bring down the family, and church leadership is aware of it, and I felt so much peace by their words of comfort on how we can raise a family in this crazy world.

- Heavenly Father loves us SO much. The words spoken, the unity we feel as we all gather together as members of the church and believers in Jesus Christ, the boost of happiness, they are all examples.
I hope I don't sound preachy or anything! Totally not my intention. I just was very spiritually fed this weekend and hope you all were too!

8 comments:

Emily said...

Very well put! Glad you got to attend, it's so much fun.

I was able to watch more of conference this weekend than I have in a long time and I enjoyed every minute of it. So many great talks that I needed to hear!

Love you!!

Sarah said...

I too got spiritually fed and am so grateful to hear our prophet speak! I'm glad you got to actually attend! It is amazing to see that many people gathered together and to see and hear the prophets and apostles. I'm so glad you had such a great weekend! Lets play soon...like now :) Love you!

AMY AND MIKEY said...

no you don't sound preachy! I loved what you said and totally agree. They talked alot about mothers and chilren it seemed like. love you-oh- and cute pic!

Carol and Bruce said...

What a beautiful testimony and good for you for speaking your heart. I love that you love conference. It was wonderful, Elder Holland and Elder Bendar never disappoint me but they were all great. We want to come to October conference, can we reserve your extra room this far ahead?

I love that picture of you and Michael, it would be so cute next to the one you had taken there before his mission, you should have a collection.

Love you!

Danielle said...

Not preachy at all- I loved reading that. Such cute pic- miss you and love you!!!!

Jill said...

Amen, Jenni! This weekend was such a blessing. I'm so grateful for the direction from Heavenly Father on how to keep my family strong in the midst of our deteriorating world. Now comes the hard part, putting it into action!

Josh and Lauren said...

Love you. Remember when I saw you and Mikey and Steph and Jarom and Brooke was driving RIGHT next to us ALL at the same time. That was AWESOME!

Mal said...

I'm so glad you were able to attend Conference! Bill and I were trying to figure out a way to get out there. But..hopefully in the next year. That's one thing I really truly miss about living in Utah. Plus we'd love to hang out with you guys!
-Amber (your sister-in-law)