Monday, April 19, 2010

The Good, The Bad, and The Sunny/Funny

Good news. Michael had a job interview with Wells Fargo last week and has made it into the second round of interviews. That will be tomorrow. We're really excited about it for multiple reasons. 1) Extra money for the summer! 2) Great benefits 3) THEY PAY TUITION. Mostly, Michael is a fantastic people person and kind of a pro at interviews, so I have 100% confidence in him and we're definately crossing our fingers that he'll get that job. And, if he doesn't, luckily he already has a job, so that will be okay too.

Bad news. We no longer get to move into that house :(. The couple that is currently living there has decided that they need another year who in Provo. Who would want an extra year in Provo? Anyway, Michael is trying to help me not to be bitter, and I'm slowly getting over it. But I was so in love with that house as you probably could tell. Michael and I have begun the search for something just as cool or cooler, but my sights are set pretty high. Good thing I'm happy in our little apartment currently, so I'll survive.

Sunny/Funny news. It has been beautiful here lately and we have been trying to take full advantage before it hits the 90's and I become a baby who thinks that is too hot to play outside. (I MISS OREGON TEMPERATURES). We went to the park with the Lances to play some frisbee and have a picnic. Michael wanted to fly our sweet kite. Sounds fun, right? Well, the problem is, there was ZERO wind. hahahahahahaha! Enjoy these pictures and I'm sure you'll have a good idea of how the kite flying went. Michael is truly a child at heart, which I love, and when he gets a fun idea, there's no getting it out of his head, even if there's no wind and the park is covered in trees and power lines.

7 comments:

LeAnn said...

Love the pictures--the mountains are so beautiful!!! I am glad that you four are having so much fun together!

Emily said...

Tell Mikey he can come here and fly kites. We have tons of wind and zero trees.

Sorry about the house, I'd be bitter too.

Freaking sweet that wells fargo pays tuition...good luck Mikey!!

AMY AND MIKEY said...

That is really funny that he tried to fly a kite with no wind- so funny. hope you guys get the job! that would be so great to have the tuition paid for- wowser!

Danielle said...

Sorry about the house- that sucks! Looks like you guys have so much fun:) Wish we lived by each other! Loved the kite pictures. Cracked me up. Love you!

Josh and Lauren said...

This makes me so happy--well, the Michael trying to fly the kite in the no-wind sky. Sorry you're not getting the cute house, maybe it just wasn't going to be right for you both!

I love you!

*Stephanie Lance* said...

ok first, I'm SO sorry about the house deal!! I was so bummed about that!! Second, AWESOME news on that job!! I can't wait to hear how it went! I'm sure michael did great!!! Third, I LOVED that trip to the park!! It was just perfect and SO fun!! We'll have to do that moreoften FOR SURE!! lov eyou!!!

Carol and Bruce said...

Such a fun post, it does look beautiful there and I got a good laugh from the kite pictures, good thing you brought the frisbee along for back up.

I'm sad for you about the house but glad you have Michael and his positive attitude to help put it into perspective.
Love you!