Wednesday, May 5, 2010

Farr's Fresh Frozen Yogurt

Michael and I have a small obsession. We were first introduced to Farr's by my wonderful friend and co-worker, Loriol. It is right across the street from my work which is not far from our apartment. This place is magical. Not only do they have frozen yogurt, but soft serve ice cream, and custard. And on top of that, every single topping you could ever imagine in the entire world. I'm serious! I know there are a million frozen yogurt places these days, but Michael and I have tried a lot of them, and Farr's is without a doubt far above the rest. It is so creamy, rather than those other places that are more icy, ya know? My personal favorites are the coconut yogurt and chocolate custard. mmmmmm! But, it's becoming a small problem. Why? Because we go once a week, without fail. It's typically on Friday, but if we know we have something coming up, we go earlier in the week. It's an addiction. Come visit, we will take you and you will thank us forever. If you currently live in Provo/Orem, hurry hurry hurry to Farrs!

In other news, Michael and I are running a 5K saturday morning. We're excited! I'm excited just because it's fun, Michael is excited because he loves competition and he is DETERMINED to win. We go jogging most everyday and he leaves me in the dust while he tries to make a better time. Hahaha, it's quite funny, but I do love his deteremination. Also, he didn't even want to run it until I told him he'd get a T-Shirt, and then he was totally game. :)haha!

Life is wonderful as usual. Not much has changed, and that's a good thing. Just thought I'd jot down a few recent details of our little life here in Provo. ohhh that word... Provo. It just makes me think about my itchy legs and this torture-my-skin-hardest-of-hard water. I'm terrified for summer because my legs still look like I have chicken pox. But other than that, Provo isn't such a bad place :) We've sure been blessed here.

Sorry about the random thoughts and no pictures. It just felt like time for an update.

Happy Cinco De Mayo and most importantly HAPPY ANNIVERSARY TO MY PARENTS!! 34 years, HOLY SMOKES! It seems almost impossible, but my parents sure make it look like fun! I admire them and their marriage more than I can express.

7 comments:

Emily said...

This definitely sounds like something I'd be into. BTW...posting about ice cream is not lame. Did you see my recent post? It's important.

I love that you're running a 5k...to me, the only good thing about it is the shirt too, I'm with ya mikey.

Jealous that you guys aren't as lazy as me!! Way to go!

Lanette said...

YUM! I've never been to Farr's, but it sounds incredible. We'll have to check it out. I'm so glad Provo is growing on you. We like it here! Good luck with the 5k! I hope Michael wins and that it's loads of fun for you both. =)

Sarah said...

Boy do I miss you! We should make a Farrs run soon...It's been a while for me.
Please don't die on your 5k. I know I would! Lol xoxo

Josh and Lauren said...

LOVE Farr's... let's go there soon!

Carol and Bruce said...

Can't wait for my next visit and trip to Farr's Fresh Frozen Yogurt. There aren't that many places here any more and non close to us.

I'm glad the 5k turned out well for you both. Dad is proud of yo and I just can't relate since I've always hated running.
Love and miss you. This is the time of year I usually look forward to your coming home for the Summer, guess that isn't happening:)

Jill said...

Yummy, custard. Yummy, coconut yogurt. Will you take me in June please? :)

loriol said...

oh my gosh, I am so excited I got mentioned here! This is my first visit to your blog, and I'm just glad to know that you are writing about the most important things!! and yes farrs is the best-I tried their lemon tart yesterday and I was into it!!