Sunday, May 16, 2010

More Happy Days

Lots of fun again this weekend! It all started with a grocery shopping trip on Saturday morning. We were making our way to the grocery store when we saw a garage sale. We don't usually stop at these, but Michael is in the market for a bike, so we thought we'd take a glance. We stumbled across a true treasure! We have been using a card table and it works wonderfully! Sure, it's a little ghetto, but we don't care! So, we haven't been really looking for a dining table, because we don't necessarily NEED one right now. BUT- there was this beauty with all 6 chairs for $100 and we TOOK IT!There were 3 people wanting it, so Michael pulled out his money and handed it to the guy before anyone else had the chance to. And we got it! It's so fabulous to have a table where we can fit our plates AND the food! We plan on re-painting the top black, and I'm going to re-cover the chairs. But for now, we're so happy with it! And for such a steal. It's our first little project and we're really excited to work on it together.

The day just gets better from there. Long story short, our dear friend Loni, who I've mentioned before, is now dating Michaels childhood friend Corbin. Who is also Lauren's childhood friend. They all grew up in the same ward. Soooo basically, Lauren, Loni and I were college roommates, and are now going to be friends forever because our spouses are from the same HOME WARD! Is this FABULOUS OR WHAT?! Sure, this is assuming loni marries corbin... but we can dream. So we all got together for a fabulous night of fun, food, and catching up!This brings me so much happiness. I remember when we all lived together, and we had to say goodbye for the summer, we all cried and cried for fear that we'd never be as close again. Well no need to fear! Looks like we're going to be seeing alot of each other throughout our lives and we couldn't be happier!Loni stayed the night and corbin came over in the morning to help us break in our table for breakfast, look at how everything fits on there! YAHOO!!! We seriously love visitors and mingling with friends, so please, feel free to stop by any time if you don't mind tiny apartments :)

We're still having a lot of fun and have a lot to look forward to!

8 comments:

Emily said...

Love that table, it's so cute!! And I love garage sales.

That is crazy that your friends are knew each other...too fun. I always get so jealous because I NEVER get to see any of my old roommates...so just know that you're lucky!!

Nick and Haley said...

What a cute table! It goes well with the cute couple who bought it! :o)

Josh and Lauren said...

Aw, I almost got all teary eyed reading that. I remember CRYING my EYES out when we all left after that semester. Like for weeks after I got home because I was just so so sad leaving my very best friends. It's such a blessing that we're all close right now and that we get to see each other!!! SO happy for Loni and Corbin and we had SUCH a BLAST last night!!! Jealous that we still live an hour away... :( We're going to do a BBQ up here soon! Let's set a date!

LOVE you!

AMY AND MIKEY said...

oh my gosh- do you know what a steal you got with that table! That is amazing and so cute and I love it just how it is! so happy for you!

Danielle said...

Love the table! That's amazing! I've been looking for a better dining room table. I like it just how it is! That's great you get to be close to your roomies still. Love you!

Carol and Bruce said...

The table is awesome, good job! That is going to last a long time and go well with anything. Love it! Oh, I remember the garage sale days with such fondness, every Friday morning LeAnn and I were out there at 9:00 am.

Fun to see you and your friends together, crazy how things work out. All you needed in that photo was Tiffany and Collin.

LeAnn said...

Way to work the Garage Sales! Great table--You guys are so cute!

Jill said...

Beautiful table and friends! I keep thinking I need to try the garage sale thing. My kitchen chairs are slowly breaking.

I'm next to visit! Woo hoo! See you soon!