Sunday, March 14, 2010

Lauren's married off!


Congratulations Mr. and Mrs. DeVard! Look how happy they are! For those of you who don't know, this is my dear friend Lauren Rasmussen (now DeVard) and her new husband Josh. Lauren and I met my first semester at BYUI and she introduced me to my Michael :). Her and I have been very close ever since. I cannot really even express how absolutely delighted I am for these 2. Lauren has the biggest heart, and BEST personality, and is so beautiful and I always knew that I would be critical of whoever she married because he better be good! And yep- Josh fits the profile perfectly. He is a true stand up, good, good guy. And want to know something funny? She was a sister on temple square and Josh was the security guard :). DON'T WORRY- they didn't have a romance or really even meet until after her mission. But it's still just a great story!

Look at this gorgeous bride and groom! Her dress was SO flattering and beautiful on her. And the flowers turned out excellent as well. It was snowy, but it didn't damper anyone's spirits. We were all so happy to be there and see them glowing. The reception was a BLAST! Michael's old friends from Texas were there along with alot of my old friends. Michael and I are pretty big socialites, so we had a a grand time dancing the night away!
I love this one. It really makes my heart smile to see Lauren so happy.
Roomies and friends with the Bride.
1st year of college roomies! Reunited for a temple wedding of our friend. How truly special.
And P.S- michael and I got to have lunch and shop around with our own Loni Nock :) Loni is another very special person in our lives and we were elated to spend time with her again. We love you, lon don!

6 comments:

Danielle said...

Umm...is Loni's umbrella GINORMOUS in that last pic?...seriously! It looks huge! I'm so happy for Lauren!!! She was always so sweet and fun. That is awesome you got to see so many friends and old roomies and stuff. You look so pretty in EVERY picture you put on here. Seriously- sooo pretty. Love you!

Emily said...

Yay for Lauren! She looks gorgeous!!!

Glad you got to hook up with some old friends and have a super fun time!

I never get to see any of my old roommates, so this makes me a little jealous!

*Stephanie Lance* said...

Yayyyy!!! That was such a fun reception!! I'm so glad you got to see all your friends!! iT was fun watching you run around to all of them all night. Me and Brooke got a kick out of it! hahah cute jenni!

Anyway, HAPPY day for Lauren and Josh! They looks ABSOLUTELY amazing and oh so happy!!! Thanks for introducing me to her so that I could be there and see everything!! I LOVED it!!! Love you!

Carol and Bruce said...

That is so great, I love seeing all those girls together again. You were so blessed when it came to roommates! I'm so happy for Lauren and they do have a very cool story, I hope they live happily ever after. We are very into that with all the little girls around here lately, I'll show them the wedding pictures and they will pretend they are her all day:)
Love you and CAN'T wait to see you this week.

Jill said...

It's the best to go to friends' temple sealings after your own! Looks like some seriously good times.

Josh and Lauren said...

This is so special to me!!! I LOVE it! Thanks so much Jenni, and Thanks to everyone to the special kind words!!! I'm MARRIED!!! Holy Cow!!! xoxoxo