Friday, February 19, 2010

My Valentine

My Valentine was so wonderful to me. I should have known. He always sent me great packages from Taiwan on American AND Taiwanese Valentine's Day. He really is a romantic. First, he brought me flowers and chocolate. That right there would have been enough for me. It made me so happy that he was so thoughtful. Then, he took me to see Valentine's Day which I have been talking about for weeks! THEN- he took me to a local Mexican restaurant that I've been dying to try. And THEN- he took me to a comedy show on campus. What a day!! We had so much fun. We were just so happy and enjoying each other. It's was wonderful!

Then, on actually Valentine's Day, I left some suprises for him around the house and cooked him a delicous dinner and peach cobler. His fav, not mine. haha. It's days like these that make me EVEN more grateful for Michael. He really tries so hard to make me happy, and it works! And what is with all the Valentine's haters in the world? I never hated it! Even if you don't have a valentine, I am always all about a reason to celebrate and eat candy!

On Monday, Kelly and Tyler were in town so we had another get together with them and the Hiltons and Dad and Heather and Brooke. Talk about fun! It's so great to catch up with everyone. And Tiffy and Kelly's babies are seriously perfectly adorable and I could just gobble them up!! It was hard to go back to work after that long, wonderful weekend. But, it turned out to be a good week, as it always does! Now, we're excited for this weekend because Anessa is in town and we get to have a gathering with her, Brooke, Lindsey, and the Lances! REUNION!

...unfortunately, last night at 3:30 AM nature hit me with it's WORST illness. You terrible UTI, I will not let you ruin my weekend. But seriously, I found myself all last night wondering why this particular infection has to even exist. TMI?? sorry. But I figure it you're reading my blog, we're probably tight and you know I'm blunt anyway.

BRING ON SPRING!

10 comments:

Courtenay Beth said...

what a darling valentine!!! So cute, it's SO good to feel pampered and loved and adored, you deserve it!

Sorry bout the UTI...yuck...burney, nasty. Sorry....cranberry juice galore, down it girlfriend! Love you!

Emily said...

Oh man that sounds miserable...not your v-day, your UTI. I'm glad you guys had a great valentine's day, sounds like you both spoiler each other!

Feel better soon, I know you've been looking forward to this weekend!

Love you, and THANKS FOR MY PACKAGE!!!

Megan and Greg said...

I'm with you on V day. I've always loved it. It's a day to celebrate!

Megan and Greg said...

Oh, sorry about the UTI, that's no fun.

*Stephanie Lance* said...

That sounds like such a wonderful V-day!! I love V-day too! It's so fun! Your flowers are so pretty! Sorry about your UTI! ICK!! That does not sound good!! Good for you for not letting it ruin your weekend! and i'm just waiting for you guys to come home so that we can partAy! I can't wait!!!!! And AMEN SISTER-BRING ON THE SPRINNNNNNNG!!!!!!!!! :) LOVE YOU!!!!

Sarah said...

Lol...for real! why do we even have to get UTI's?! Dang you mother freakin nature! P.S. Michael is so precious! You deserve all the pampering you can get girlfriend! So glad you had a great weekend! xoxo

Josh and Lauren said...

First off, it's about time that you've blogged. Second, VALENTINE'S DAY DOES ROCK! I've always loved it too! AND third, no bueno about the UTI... I'll pray for you. LOVE ya girl!

Carol and Bruce said...

So sorry about your not feeling well, that is the WORST of the WORST, I'd rather have a cold, the flu, almost anything. Get well soon.

Love that you had a great Valentines Day. It comes at the right time, right when we need a big boost after the Winter blues.

Jill said...

Happy V-day to you guys! Sounds like quite a fun weekend, so glad you got to live it up.

Gotta love those UTIs. Hope it's over soon!

Anessa said...

Pissin' razorblades! That was a total bummer. But good thing I was there to take your mind off of it.

Yay for a great Valentines day! I am glad it was so wonderful!