Saturday, January 30, 2010

3 recent thoughts.

The following 3 topics have been on my mind, for the following reasons...
1. INTERVENTION. Michael and I watch the show Intervention on A&E every Monday night. It is about those who are addicted to drugs, alcohol, eating disorders, etc. They document their lives for a couple of weeks, and then hold an intervention at the end and give them a free ride to the best rehabilitation centers in the country. I always feel so happy when I see these people living their lives sober at the end. What a blessing. The thoughts I've been having all week after watching this show are, how incredibly sad it is how these drugs CONSUME FULLY these people's lives. And my question is, why why why start? I know that I've never been there, and I'll never understand. I never judge these people, I think they're so brave for getting help. I just feel sad for them. Especially the alcoholics. Because: drinking alcohol makes absolutely NO SENSE. Everyone knows that illegal drugs are bad for your body. But for some reason they think alcohol is no biggie. WRONG!It is terrible for your body and damages your brain and organs, yet people slowly let themselves become addicted everyday. I guess that's what breaks my heart. Is that it starts out casual and social, and then ruins lives. I'm SO thankful to have lived a life free of drugs and alcohol. It has blessed my health and happiness in every way.
2. CELEBRITIES. My friend Sarah from work and I share a love for celebrity gossip. So, it felt most appropriate for us to drive up to Park City and check out the Sundance Film Fesitval to look for our celebrity pals. Unfortunately, they were all hiding! What do they do all day??But we scored some pretty sweet free stuff and free make overs. Next year we plan on going clubbing at night dressed like skanks and then we're pretty sure we'll meet some. Anyway, I've been thinking about celebrities and how crazy it is that we treat them the way we do. And I'm totally guilty. They're just people. I mean really. They are actors, singers, athletes, but so are a million other people in the world, these ones just hit it big for some reason. They make absolutely DISGUSTING amounts of money, and why??? We all work just as hard as they do at our differet professions. It's a crazy world we live in! But it sure is entertaining and I'll keep supporting my celebs!3. THE TEMPLE. What a special place. I feel so lucky to have one right up the hill from me. I have had the chance to go twice this week, and it has honestly brought so much peace and enriching conversation into our home. It's mind blowing to me that I am able to be with my family for eternity. It's incredible. I'm so thankful. I am 100% positive that when I attend the temple, my relationship with my Heavenly Father and his Son grows tims a million. And they're building a new one in Payson. AWESOME!

5 comments:

Sarah said...

Just when I thought I couldn't love you more! Um yes, Intervention is crazy and an amazing show. I like to think the reason why we love it so much is because deep down we love to see people change for the better...thank you intervention! Also we really do look like celebrities...especially with our hooker make-up! Loves it!

Emily said...

You look so famous in that picture. Work it.

Lanette said...

Jenni, you are awesome. I love reading your blog--it always makes me smile.

And where exactly do you live? I wonder if we're always passing each other on the streets here without even knowing it =)

Carol and Bruce said...

It's true, you ALWAYS make me smile. Who else goes from stalking celebrities to the temple in the week. It's good to be well rounded and be interested in different things and that you are. I admit to having my bedroom walls totally covered with movie stars (as we called them back then)photos and I do love movies.

I'm excited to hear about a new temple in Payson, they really are popping up all over. You are so lucky to be living near so many.
I love that you love to go, it will only continue to bless your life.

Jill said...

Good stuff, Jen! That show sounds cool.

Sorry you didn't get your celeb sightings in. But it sounds like fun anyway! Your celebrity talk and your mom's comment reminds me of nSYNC posters covering every inch of wall in your room. In fact, I have a yahtzee score card of yours at my house with "I heart Lance Bass" doodlings all over it! I'll have to show it to you.

Good work on the temple! That is one of my new year goals, to get there more often. Thanks for the reminder.