Wednesday, January 6, 2010

Our First Christmas MARRIED!

I could probably go on forever about how fantastic our Christmas break was. But I'll try to keep it brief and let the pictures do the talking. Michael and I had the greatest 1st Christmas imaginable! First, Michael's parents came to Provo to visit and it was great to have a visit with them. Then, we were able to take off to Oregon! And ohhhh was it ever JUST what we needed. It was so wonderful to be at home with my parents. I enjoy spending time with them so much and it just feels so good to be there. We had so much fun! Right when we got off of the plane we were greeted by Mom, Emily, Easton, and Carly and they took us right over to Marc, Connie, Kellen, and Caleb! Oh I was in heaven immediately. We went to the Portland Zoo and saw the zoo lights and it was fantastic!
I was only aboe to see Em and the kids for 24 hours but it was SO great to get my fix and squeeze those babies!! Look at this beauty:The festivities included: Cookie baking, game playing, movie watching, michael's first $5 gift exchange, opening presents, watching my adorable nephews play with their new toys, visiting with family, and my favorite part... just hanging out, relaxing, and spending quality time with my parents. It was awesome to have Michael with me on such a special day. For the past 2 years I've opened boxes from Taiwan and this year I got to open my boxes with him sitting right there. It really was so special to me. I just kept remembering the past 2 Christmases, wondering what Michael was doing and missing him. And this year- we were together. It was perfect.
Dad came down the stairs Christmas morning with his pants pulled up... just for a laugh hahaha. and it worked!
And of course- a new years BASH with the Mitchells! A great way to end the new year! With a toast and some games!!Thank you Mom and Dad for a great Christmas. And now, It's January. great. We have Michael's birthday to look forward to, but I miss my Christmas tree!!

7 comments:

Emily said...

Looks MAGICAL!! It was so fun to see you guys for half a second. Glad you had such a great time.

What day is Mikey;s birthday again?

Michael Woodmansee said...

it was really magical! that was pretty fun! now back to real life!

PS my birthday is 1/19 its 911 backwards =]

Carol and Bruce said...

It's great to look back on what a fun time we had. We loved every single minute of your visit and are glad you got to have such a nice long break. Can't wait till next time!
Love and Miss you guys. Happy January!

*Stephanie Lance* said...

Everything looks so great mall! I'm SO glad you guys had such a wonderful first Christmas together! Isn't that the greatest?! and to be able to be with your husband all day? I loved that part! Looks like you guys packed your week full too! Thats the only way to celebrate the holidays! Thats why we love them so much! There's nothin better than hangin out with the fam! Love you!!

Danielle said...

Everything looks wonderful! I'm so glad you had such a good Christmas:) Reading yours and steph's blog make me realize I am SO not a newlywed anymore. I don't get as excited as you guys about all the little stuff. It makes me sad. I should try to get back into that:) I'm so glad you are happily married! I wish we lived closer...it would be so fun. I love you and miss you!

Jill said...

Soooo jealous. I wish I could be in two places at once. I missed that Jolley Christmas. So glad you had your man by your side this year!

Josh and Lauren said...

Holy cow, your Christmas just seems like it won't get better, but we know as the years progress, they only can! :) SO great, Jenni!!! I'll try and blog soon.
LOVE you.