Friday, June 11, 2010

Jack. 24. Our Summer Obsession.

I've got a couple of things to blog about, but I'm going to start with the most important. First of all, if you've already watched all of 24 and you plan on commenting, please don't give anything away! I've only seen season 1 so far. Thank you. My family has been watching 24 since it started, and they've always told me how good it was, but it was on during FHE in college and I was more concerned with flirting with my FHE brothers than watching 24. Now, I'm married to the only boy I want to flirt with, and we watch it together. It's so fabulous. It must be said that all of the credit goes to Emily and Steve Rogers for introducing us to this fabulous television show. And even though I'm way behind, I'm going to do this anyway...

Ok- most importantly, I LOVE JACK BAUER. I love how he just regulates everywhere he goes. And yet he's so collected. I love how he loves his family and does whatever he has to to protect them... even though it doesn't always work, which sucks. I love how there are so many story lines going on at once. It is NEVER boring. I love Senator Palmer. I hate his wife. I hate how people I trust turn out to be DIRTY RATS!!! For some reason I love Kim Bauer and I'm really worried about her.

We just started season 2, we are on our 3rd episode. We are totally hooked. We watch at lunch, after work, we stay up too late, it's truly addicting. I told Michael that we have to start slowing down because this show is really stressful and I worry about my characters during the day. That's a little out of control, so I think we'll try to slow down. I don't know how you people waited a whole week to watch the next eopisode! TORTURE!Season 1 was absolutely fabulous. I love these characters. I have very strong feelings about each of them for different reasons. I cannot WAIT to see what season 2 holds.

This is my favorite picture of Jack. I asked Michael if I ever saw Jack Bauer on the street if I could kiss him on the lips. He said no. Rude. He's a fictional character so there is a 0% chance that I'll ever bump into him, and he still said no! The truth is, I think Michael loves him just as much as I do.

7 comments:

Sarah said...

haha...I love how Michael won't even let you kiss a factional character on the lips. Too funny! I was so obsessed with 24!! Have fun...and don't stay up too late :) President Palmer is the BOMB!

Danielle said...

hahhaa. oh dear. For some reason we've never gotten into 24. I guess I haven't really seen it at all though. haha. But yeah- most of my family is like WAY into it too. We're the crazies who never watch it. You'll just have to settle with a hug if you run into him:)

Bee Happy Stamper said...

I love 24!!! I wouldn't even ask permission if I could kiss him...I probably just would! (thank goodness he's fictional!)
Enjoy all of the seasons!

Carol and Bruce said...

I'm sad that there isn't anything on this Summer so maybe I'll have to borrow the early seasons from you. I'm not even sure which season we got hooked, it was while Em and Steve lived here though. We rush home from FHE to watch it and love it and it gets me through the long winter. Silly huh, and now what?

Emily said...

I once heard that Colleen went to a party with Eric and Jack Baur (that's his name, not Kiefer Sutherland) was there. Never have I been more jealous.

Glad you love it, and yes, it is so addicting. I love seeing what you write, and knowing in my head what's going to happen with the characters you love/hate. Too good.

AMY AND MIKEY said...

I know, I love Jack Bauer. Welcome to the club!

Anonymous said...

If Keifer Sutherland showed up at my door and asked me to run away with him...