Wednesday, June 2, 2010

Memorial Day Weekend was a Delight!

Be prepared for a large amount of pictures because we had a lot of fun this last Memorial Day weekend! It all started with Courtenay's baby shower. What a gorgeous mother-to-be! I mean seriously, take a look for yourself, she is tan and adorable and it was really fun to see all of her cute baby things.
The decorations, the treats, the setting, everything was adorable and it was just really nice to celebrate Court and John's little baby boy that we can't wait to meet!Reading my super tender card, if you can't already tell.Malls :) REALLLLY excited for a 3-day weekend!After the shower, we went our seperate ways. The Lance's drove all night to get to Jarom's hometown (stress me OUT, driving all night!), and Michael and I took off for LAS VEGAS!
When I learned we were going to be having a 3-day weekend, I knew that I was due for a visit to my Rogers family in Vegas. Carly is clearly growing up WAY too fast and I couldn't handle missing it anymore. There aren't words for how nice it was to catch up with my sis, learn all her tricks for cooking, decorating, kid raising, and tv watching, do some MUCH NEEDED shopping, play with my Easton and Carly, spend time with Steve again, and swim! Emily and Steve are always so good to us, thanks so much for letting us come visit guys! Easton's little personality is truly a JOY to be around. We had so much fun playing with him. He is hilarious and adorable and waking up at 7:30 AM isn't so bad when it's to this cute face.Carly really wanted to go outside and play with the boys, but I made her stay and play with me. I had to warm up verrrrrry slowly because she loves her mama, but it was well worth the wait because I could SERIOUSLY gobble her up she's so adorable. Just look at that face! And when she scrunches it all up, it just melts me! I actualy really miss her.One of my favorites from the weekend. She didn't cry at all when Mikey held her. I was a tad jealous.

We stopped in Beaver of course and were able to visit with Grandma, Uncle Dean, Aunt Janet, and Cousin Tad. It was really fun to introduce everyone to Michael and catch up a bit. And everytime I see grandma I just feel so happy. It rubs off from her.

It's really hard to go back to reality after such a great weekend, but at the same time, I feel re-energized! And plus, we've got lots coming up to look forward to. Summer is such a fun time! I hope you all had a great memorial day weekend and enjoyed the extra day off!

8 comments:

Megan and Greg said...

I am soooooooo jealous you got to see Em. I'm due for a Vegas trip. Looks like you've been having a lot of fun :)

LeAnn said...

Thanks for sharing the pictures--the shower looked great and the pictures in Vegas--looks like you had a blast with the kiddos etc. that is alot to do in 3 days!!!

Danielle said...

Wow- looks like a BLAST! Seriously- that Carly is one of the cutest babies I've ever seen. I can't believe how pregnant Court is! I'm so excited to see her baby! Love you lots! Miss you! I really just wish we lived closer:)

Emily said...

Holy crap have you ever heard of cropping!!!

Well, I'm just so sad that you had to go home and so is Easton. We had major fun with you guys!!! I'm really glad that I could teach you a thing or two about tv watching. I am rather good at it...

Thanks for helping me, shopping with me, eating with me, swimming, playing, etc...you guys are the best and I"m so glad that we live closer now!!!!!

LOVE YOU A TON!!!!!

Oh, and Court looks beautiful and I'm glad you were able to be there for her. can't even wait til that baby comes!!

*Stephanie Lance* said...

Love it!! Those pics are too cute! I'm so glad you had so much fun! It feels so wierd not to celebrate memorial day with you anymore!! But i'm really glad that you got to go visit! Everything looks and sounds like so much fun!! I can't get enough of those little kids! OH my gosh so cute!!! Love you!!!

Courtenay Beth said...

Jenni...your camera has the same malfunction as mine, I look SO bog, I don't feel THAT bog...ah well, I am what I am and this little one will be making his appearance in 4 weeks ish! YEAH!!! I'm SO glad you came to the shower, you're the BEST!!!

I hope I get to see you this weekend!!!

Carol and Bruce said...

Oh, for goodness sakes, those are the best pictures. Courtenay looks adorable pregnant and I'm so excited for them. Michael is such a kid, he looks like he is eager to have his turn at the batting Tee, and Carly standing at the door is just too precious. What a fun trip, I'm so glad you were able to spend time together.

Jill said...

Good weekend! Very jealous of all that partying! Those kids are too cute.