Thursday, October 7, 2010

Fasting and Prayers for the Lances

This Sunday is fast Sunday and I would like to ask you all a huge favor. Could you please remember my dear best friend Stephanie and her Husband Jarom Lance and their precious baby girls in your fasting and prayers.

Stephanie found out on Wednesday night that she has Twin Twin Transfusion Syndrome. This can be so very scary for her babies. I'm no expert, but basically the babies are sharing placenta, one has too much fluid and one does not have enough. They are also sharing blood vessels which is problematic obviously. For more great information go to: tttsfoundation.org.

Great blessings have already come. Like the fact that one of the few doctors in the country who can do the surgery for this flew into SLC Wednesday night and was able to treat Steph immediately. Thank heavens. The surgery is the best treatment and went very well. I'm so very grateful that Stephanie was able to receive the best care, best surgery, and quickly.

Now that the surgery is done, the babies are already making progress. Awesome! There are still many prayers needed because it is possible that things could change throughout the rest of her pregnancy. But, so far things are looking up and that is so encouraging!

Michael and I spent the evening with Steph and Jarom and they both seemed optimistic and thankful for the help their fabulous doctors have given them. They are already the best parents these baby girls could have ever received! They are so brave and remaning cheerful and great examples of strength and faith. So let's keep that positive energy coming!

This is me asking you to please pray for the Lances. Please always have a prayer in your heart. And please, remember them in your fasting this Sunday, October 10th. I believe so strongly in the power of a group fast that is full of faithful people. We want Steph, Jarom, and their babies to have all the blessings they deserve!!

I'll let Steph share any more details when she's ready, but that is the basics.

I love you so much Stephanie and Jarom. And baby girls, your Aunt Jenni can't wait to meet you :)

5 comments:

AMY AND MIKEY said...

wow, thanks for sharing. We will pray for them. keep us posted.

Danielle said...

oh my gosh! my heart dropped a million paces when i saw that title. Thank you for sharing. i will pray for them all the time and fast for them. I'm so glad you told us. And I'm so glad you're there for her!

Chad and Jessica said...

Thanks for letting us know! Prayers and fasting, fo' sho!

Lanette said...

Wow, I'm so glad you posted this! We'll definitely keep them all in our prayers!

Sarah said...

I will be praying for them. Thanks for letting us know and please let me know if they need meals are anything during this time. Love you guys!