Thursday, September 30, 2010

Another Fun Weekend

I got really lucky last weekend and had a last minute little family get together. Darren was coming to town for work (which by the way he does a couple of times a year and Michael and I always love when we get to see him), and Steve was out of town, so I thought Em should come hang with us in Provo. And she went for it! YAY!! It was quick, but it was worth it. I enjoy any opportunity to spend with siblings and family. They are always so good to me and we have a good time. And not to mention the fact that it was the best treat to get to see Easton and Carly! 2 babies in that little tummy!! I was with Em and Darren when I called Steph and I could tell that she was hiding something, so she spilled it! We freaked! If you can't tell, she did Em's hair and then we watched sister wives... don't even get me started on them. Ugh. Ew.
I tried to be more prepared for my babies this time. Last time I had ZERO for them to play with. Here we are doing sidewalk chalk. I accidentaly let them get covered in chalk... sorry sis :) But seriously look at them. I love them.
Bridal veil falls! It was BEAUTIFUL and cold. Easton wanted to go in the water, so of course I went with him. But good heavens, my toes were FROZEN for the next hour hahahaha! But it was really fun to go up in the canyon and see how beautiful it was. Carly was such a trooper. It was fun to watch Uncle Darren and Easton play. Where is Michael, you ask? He was working his little tail off all weekend. And we were bummed he missed the fun!

I really had such a great time keeping Em up too late and talking. We had a great weekend and I wish that she was still here. We totally convinced Darren to delay his flight until Saturday night. Jill went into labor Sunday morning. WHOA! Good thing he didn't delay another day! But we are SO happy to have baby Erica in the family and I can't wait to meet her! Basically, thank you guys so much for coming and spending time with us. It was so fun!

5 comments:

*Stephanie Lance* said...

FUN! I'm so glad you got to spend some good quality time with the fam! And it's always a treat for me too, to see them!! Cute pics! That Easton and Carly are SOOOO stinkin cute!!! You guys packed a lot into one weekend! way to go!!

Emily said...

Crazy, I'm blogging this very same event right now!!!

It really was one of the most fun trips ever, for real!!! I loved the little things you bought for the kids, you're so thoughtful and Easton really loved all of it. So sweet!!!

Thanks for hosting us, you're the best. I have so much fun hanging out with you!! Thanks a million and let's do it again soon!!


Love you tons!!

Carol and Bruce said...

My turn to be jealous but so glad you got to have time with both Darren, Em and the kids. I always love it when that happens. You were lucky Darren made it home on time or you might have been in BIG trouble. I'ts so amazing that we have Erica here already and she isn't even due yet.

Carly looks so adorable, why was she out in the middle of the street in her stroller:)? Fun post and I love all the pictures.

I'm sorry that Michael missed out but at least he got to see them and I'm grateful he is such a conscientious student. Hopefully he gets to enjoy this week end in SLC with you. XO

AMY AND MIKEY said...

oh my gosh- carly is so freakin cute! I love her! and you guys look so cute in that first pic with steph all pregnant, she's such a cute pregnant girl! And have i told you your profile or header picture is cute? Glad you got to have os much fun- and so exciting about jil having her baby!

Jill said...

Great pics, Jen! I love the waterfall one and the sidewalk chalk one is priceless. Such cute kiddos. What a great hostess you are!

I'm so glad you got to have a little family reunion but glad Darren made it home in time too!

Sorry about Michael missing the fun! Gotta love that Junior Core!