Friday, September 10, 2010

Working On Our Creativity

Back in June we moved into a new place. We love our neighborhood, our new ward and calling (16 year old sunday school teachers), our lawn, our parking spaces, all our windows, our washer and dryer, etc. It is a 4plex and we are really liking it so far. It's 2 bedrooms, much more spacious than our last place, and we've had a lot of fun making it our own. We've had a lot of fun working on this place together! Here are some of our projects. We are beginners, but learning together has been a blast!
These are the chairs we found with a table at a garage sale many moons ago and we were inspired by all of you redoing everything you set your eyes on. So, we gave it a try. These chairs would not be possible without the many phone calls we made to Emily, Mom, and Dad that day... thank you kindly for your help guys!
Can you tell that I'm a little bit terrified of a staple gun and don't know what I'm doing?
There they are! We are pretty pleased with them. We did 2 different fabrics. This isn't the best pic, but it's the one I had. As I said, we are definately not pro's, but for our first time, we're satisfied.
ohhhhh the shelves. I must show them, because I have waited a full year for shelves until FINALLY my father came to visit and showed Michael how it's done. And while we're at it... my fall decor-cute or dumb? Seriously- I suck at decorating. I need tips.
We painted a couple of different rooms. That was such an adventure hahaha! It was fun. If you ever come visit, don't worry about the spots on the ceiling... we learned our lesson.
Anyway- those were our summer projects along with a couple other things. So, keep all the good ideas coming on your blogs so I can keep copying you. Thanks :)

9 comments:

Lanette said...

Your fall decor is SO cute! I think you are a great decorator. The chairs are beautiful too! I've been wanting to do some home improvement here too--you've inspired me! =)

Jill said...

Those chairs are awesome! Nice job! I think your shelves look great too. And love the blue color in the kitchen. Way to get some projects done!

Can't wait for your dad to come to our house soon and finish all our started projects! I think I might just buy a shelf for him to hang...:)

Jill said...

P.S. LOVE the new picture in your header. So cute!

Emily said...

You are a liar. You don't suck at decorating!!! Your house is SO CUTE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! It looks totally put together, completely your style and all your projects turn out amazing!!

Love the fall stuff...makes me want to get mine out.

I just stole something else from my neighbors trash, so that's my next project. You should come help me with it!

Aimee said...

I LOVE what you did with your table and chairs!! So cute and professional!

Aimee said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Carol and Bruce said...

Your shelves look great, I think it was such a cute idea to use two different fabrics on the chairs and I love your stlye of decorating. I love your Fall decorations, I'm holding out for a few more weeks, wishing and hoping for more Summer days.

Hopefully you still love your neighborhood after this week end:)

Really fun post!

Danielle said...

I am LOVING that blue paint. I want to see the entire room- yum. I want to paint blue, but it's so cold so often I fear it will feel cold...i don't know i'm probably crazy. But also- your chairs and table turned out AWESOME! Love em! You guys are so cute- I'm so glad you guys have a good place to be at right now:)

AMY AND MIKEY said...

LOVE the chairs! You are inspiring me to do my chairs. LOVE the different patterns, rather than all ONE fabric. LOVE the blue backround- LOVE IT, wish I could paint our apartment. and I love fall decor, nomatter how cheesy it is- I set up a halloween town for goodness sakes! so- I'm a little bias... :)