Monday, August 30, 2010

Our Last Hoorah

I've mentioned previously our friends David & Alaina who we love so dearly... well- their wedding was in the Oakland temple, only 2 hours from my sister Melanie's house. So, DUH we knew immediately that we must go! It just turned out that Michael's mission buddy decided to get married that weekend as well is Sacramento. So, we planned our final summer adventure together and packed a lot of fun things into 5 days. Here are some pictures and details for my last weekend of freedom with my husband. WHAT A TREAT it as to spend time with the Sorensens at their home. I haven't been there since high school and that is far too long. I love each of those children so much and it is seriously a blast to see them growing up. I used to love them as my babies and now I get to love them as my friends. Although- they'll always be my babies :)
I love this picture! Melanie and Andy spoiled us rotten. We had home made tortillas (and if you have ever had Andy's, you know this is a huge treat), cheesecake, a deluxe bed set up in the living room, and mostly I enjoyed the fun conversation and catching up.
Uncle Mikey is always popular. We loved getting to know Joshy a bit. He is seriously a doll face and I felt like I'd known him forever! I love it when they're not shy.
Rock band, baby! This is our band, The Vipers I believe is what we were called. Please take a look at these boys- they are big kids now. WHAT!? Nicholas is seriously handsome and we were so lucky to be there on the day he was ordained deacon president. Don't worry mom, I took care of the crying for you. It was very sweet.
Mr. & Mrs. Ainsworth at the Oakland temple! WHAT A BEAUTIFUL TEMPLE! The sealing was absolutely beautiful and these 2 were glowing. Michael and I are so thankful that we made the trip because it was so worth it to see these two so happy. We wish we lived closer to them. Don't they look GOOD?! The reception was a blast too! We danced the night away and Michael hung out around the cold stone catering a lot.
Temple #2, Sacramento was beautiful as well. Dexton and Randi were yet another stunning couple. Dexton was a groomsman of Michael's, so it was really fun to see him married as well. AND- special treat, I ran into Jill Newell in the temple :)
Chinese-Speakin' homies.
phewph! That was a quick, whirlwind summary. But take it from me, it was a wonderful weekend and we were both really sad to see it end. I was sad to leave Mel's house, especially knowing that I was coming home to the end of summer! Atleast it was jam packed full of fun! And honestly- we're ready for school to start. We've waited a long time for the accounting program. We'll keep you posted!

7 comments:

AMY AND MIKEY said...

Ok- first of all, what is with your family turning into toothpicks after marriage? You and emily are seriously so freakin skinny! Don't wither away!!!! You look fabulous though! so pretty in all your pics. Ok- i laughed when I saw the pic of the temple pond thing- because teh rocks or whatever is in there looked like trash- I'm like- "oh my gosh- somebody vandalized the temple grounds" hahahaha. maybe it's the lighting in the pic or something- it just looked like trash in the water! I'm so glad you got to spend such a fun time with your sissy and your friends. It is so wierd when the neices get older- Aliese is 12, and it's so wierd, we can really talk now. I'm actually kind of excited for all of them to grow up and have real conversations with them and see what they're like. That's so great you guys got to do some fam fun and travel before the dreadful school starts.

Emily said...

Yea, I'm pretty sure you guys aren't supposed to be better looking than the bride and groom (although they DO look gorgeous!)...sheesh.

I'm so glad/jealous that you got to see Mel and everyone. It's always so fun at their house. And yay for Nick, that is just too weird that he's so old. I swear he was born yesterday.

Great pictures, glad you guys had such a fun trip!

Danielle said...

Wow- Melanie's kids are crazy old! Soooooooooooo crazy. I feel like I'm always going to think of them as little tiny kids. Not anymore! What cuties.

How awesome you guys got to go on a fun trip like that! You guys look great- miss you:)

Josh and Lauren said...

FUN fun fun!!!! :)

AMY AND MIKEY said...

hey- what pictures of me and the kids? I just looked on her blog and there aren't any of me and the kids- hm....

Jill said...

What a great trip! I'm so glad you got to hang with the Sorensen's and see so many friends. Hilarious that you ran into Jill and that you got to have Cold Stone at another reception! What a fun summer. Now have fun in school, Michael!!!

Carol and Bruce said...

A very fun post! I love all the pictures so much. Doesn't it seem like yesterday when we made all our trips to see those kids born and blessed, etc. Time is just the weirdest thing ever. I'm glad you had such a fun time and that you got to fit so much into one trip,

I bet Jill could give you some good tips on surviving accounting school, you can call her when you are at your wits end. Good luck to both of you, I'm excited for Michael and it sounds like there are a lot of fun activities involved.
Love and miss you so much.