Friday, September 17, 2010

I may have a small television watching problem...

Are you sick of me posting about TV shows? You all must think I'm a total loser. Before I go on to do my nerdy TV talk, I would like to start by saying that I promise I have a life. I clean, cook, do laundry, exercise, read, scrapbook, etc. BUT- my husband is ALWAYS doing homework, so I still have a lot of free time. The weekends, late nights, lunch time, I'm free as a bird. SO-- I choose to watch my shows.

Friday Night Lights. EXCELLENT TELEVISION. Jill and Darren were the first ones to tell me that this was a show worth watching, but I've been so obsessed with 24 that I haven't watched anything else. I finally decided to start it from the beginning on NetFlix. Best Decision.

This show is so great. Teenager drama. Adult drama. Parenting drama. Comedy. Love. Football. Motivation. I love it. I'm about half way through the 1st season now, and I already love my characters. For those of you who know them (Jill mostly), these are my feelings... Lyla- adorably confused, but I somehow still love her and Jason together. Jason-Bitter, but who can blame him? I think he's trying and I love him and Lyla. Tim Riggins-WHY do I love him and Lyla's secret relationship? It's sick and wrong, but I can't help it. He has so much potential, I hope he stops drinking. Coach and his wife- best ever. I love them. I hope I'm that awesome of a parent. Julie and Matt Seracin- SO adorable! I hope my daughters date that nice of boys (I'm hoping he stays nice). Landry- hilarious, awesome best friend, I wish I knew him! Tyra- skanky and dragging julie down.

One of these days I'll post about how much I love my books and how cute my scrapbook is and my exercise routine and all that good stuff, but for now, it's the weekend and it's time for a little Friday Night Lights baby!

6 comments:

Danielle said...

ahahaa- i love it. I seriously have a tv watching problem myself. It's cool. Sometimes you just need to zone out. I don't watch Friday Night Lights...so I don't really know anything! But I seriously would LOVE to hear about your exercise routine cause I need some serious motivation in that area of life. Love you so much!

AMY AND MIKEY said...

Ok- I think the whole "obsessed with tv- yoru bad" is really over rated- Why can't we all accept that tv is awesome! I love tv, I have SO many shows that I love that I was relieved when 24 and LOST ended, because there are just too many on my list. And it seems just when I get rid of one, i discover yet another one to replace it's time slot with. And I too have hobbies adn a life- but I think it's just fine if you watch tv for a few hours every night- what else are you supposed to do at night? read? boring........ Don't be ashamed Jenni. And holy cow you excersize- uhhhhh I wish you lived by me to motivate me- I am supposed to be excersizing every day- and I need to take it seriously and I'm not- uhhhhhh. Friday Night Lights- I've heard about it but assumed it was dumb. I will have to try it out now. Thanks! love you!

Emily said...

Tv rules.
I haven't watched that show yet because Steve won't watch it with me. Some day I'll have to get into it.

And you do not have a tv problem. Head over to Alison's blog to see what addiction really looks like.

Lanette said...

Okay, I've been dying to watch this show. Your recommendation has given me the motivation needed =)

Jill said...

Yay! So glad to have converted a fan! I think it would be sooo fun to watch a tv show on dvd all in a row like that. I've still never done it. And it would be impossible to not get addicted when every episode is at your fingertips with no commercials!

Plus, gotta have your outlet while hubby is busy. I've been catching up on my chick flicks while Darren has been working his busy season.

Carol and Bruce said...

Jenni, you are hilarious and Amy too! I guess we do need to just admit we love tv but I do feel guilty watching and finding it harder and harder to find shows that don't affend me. So why do I have to still check in on Days of Our lives once a month after 30 years?????

I just may give Friday Night Lights a try since you and Jill both love it. I still love Bones and am going to miss 24 this year, I'm going to stick with GLee for awhile and give it another chance. I have to find something to compete with old westerns, Hanity and O'Riley!!