Saturday, October 23, 2010

I can't believe I'm saying this, but...

I'm really enjoying living in Provo. It's taken a full year, but I am finally learning to be grateful for this place. Sure, my skin itches daily, I have fall allergies here, driving here makes me fear for my life, and there are a lot of people who think that if you didn't go to BYU than you're less educated somehow. All of that aside, we are having a lot of fun and this location has proved to really work out for us. I've seen more of my siblings since living here than I ever did in Rexburg. My college roomies and greatest friends all live within a small drive from me, some 5 minutes, some 4 hours, but still close enough for reunion weekends. Michael is loving his job, classes, accounting. I have a great job that I enjoy. I would have never met the fabulous people I work with if I didn't live here. We love our calling. I live 14 steps from Stephanie at a time where I know it would be hard to be away from her. And we're enjoying the BYU experience.


We finally went to a BYU game and they actually won for once. We take the credit for that. It was fun to go especially since I miss being home for football season.
Yeah, this pic is pretty sick, but have you hiked the Y? It's straight UP!So that's why I am a mess. It was really fun though and the perfect day for it.

Not saying I want to stay here forever, because I don't. But I am saying that we're very grateful to be here and we're having a great time. We know that we're here for a reason and we're being blessed.

9 comments:

AMY AND MIKEY said...

Provo is a neat place. The spirit it strong there because there's so man righteous people, or people that are striving hard to be. It's a neat place to live- for awhile! I forgot that you didn't live in Provo, and that you lived in Rex. I'm SO glad you can be by Steph, especially at this time. I never went to a BYU game, and I never hiked the Y! just like how I've lived in Oregon my whole life and have never been to Autzen Stadium! I think i have some screws loose in my head. You look so happy in your pics- and so beautiful- I'm so happy for you jenni- for all of your success in life.

Emily said...

I think that's great. I'm a firm believer in making an effort to love where you are...wherever that may be, because otherwise your life would be miserable. So, good for you! I love that you live so close too! I have been thinking that we need another visit from you guys!! When do you leave for texas? Steve's trying to convince me to drive to Idaho for Christmas and we might need a pit stop...

Love you!!!

Lanette said...

Driving in Provo gets my heart racing every time. People drive like maniacs here! But despite the many faults here, I love it too, for now! And btw, speaking of living in Provo, you and Steph and your husbands are ALWAYS welcome to come visit us! We live south of BYU, and you're always welcome!

Carol and Bruce said...

This post made me smile, I'm so glad you are happy there. I miss you tons though!

Danielle said...

I'm so glad you are so happy there. I have lived in Idaho for about 5 years and I'm still working on loving it :)

Courtenay Beth said...

I am glad you're in Provo too!!! ;)

Nik and Dawna said...

I love that you counted the steps. you're a hoot!

The Leiths said...

once upon a time, years and years ago, my siblings and i decided to hike up to the Y - my mom dropped us off and up we went, hours later we hear people saying "hey! good for you!" from above us, we look up and see a path! yes...a PATH!!! we didn't even know! we were hiking straight up through all the bushes and such. oh...and we never made it, we gave up right before but we couldn't see it.

Lindsey said...

I love that you love being here Jenni because if you leave I won't see you as much!!! With that said, why the heck don't we see each other more???? We'll make it happen :) Love you guys!