Sunday, November 7, 2010

Back to the Place I Love the Most

Michael and I have been trying to find a time to get home to Oregon. We were thinking Thanksgiving, but plane tickets were sky high. So we decided we'd just drive. But, then this perfect little situation fell into our laps...

Michael got a fly-out internship interview with Moss Adams, a great accounting firm that has many locations including EUGENE! And that is where he had an interview. We firgured if they were going to pay for Michael's way out, then this would be the cheapest and best time for us to go. So we were ON OUR WAY! They totally spoiled Michael with a fancy hotel, car services, paid meals, the whole deal.

This, of course, all makes me very, very happy. So I went out to spend 4 days with my mom and dad. IT. WAS. FABULOUS! I love every second I get to spend at home. All we have to be doing is chatting or even just sitting together watching Bill O'Riley (only because that's the only thing my dad allows us to watch) and I'm always enjoying myself. The weekend was packed with all kinds of fun! I got to go to my friend Kirk Blair's wedding reception, the singles Halloween party and all kinds of fun stuff. Mostly I just really loved hangin around the house with mom and dad. Playing scrabble and teaching them stretches and exercises for the respective back/neck/hip pain problems.
Jenny Mae needed a ride to the dance so we brought her over and got ready together. It's always such a treat to see my Jenny :). Mom was so quick and clever with our costumes and it was perfect! Dad tried to be a really scary lion, but those whiskers were not helping his cause. We had a great time though!
Mom was so patient and helped me make this super cute Christmasy indoor wreath that I copied off of Kelly's blog. I'll have to post a better picture later but it turned out super fun!

I GOT TO SEE WHITTY!!! Oh how I miss this girl. It's been seriously too long since we've spent time together and it was SO fun. It's amazing how after a year, I can see Whit and we can jump right back into best friend mode and be just like we never left each other. She looks great and now I'm just waiting for her to come visit me!

SUCH a fun time and I wish it didn't have to end. Eugene is so beautiful this time of year and I love all the trees lining good ol' Janus St. Thanks mom and dad for a great visit and I hope it happens again soon!!

P.S- Moss Adams called the very next day.... my Michael got the internship :) :)

8 comments:

Courtenay Beth said...

YEAH for the internship! Michael is a rock star! Jenny Mae, so special that you got to squeeze some time in with her too! Love the matchy costumes, so cute. I am also glad I have been getting to see you more, Everett is glad too, he loves his auntie Jenni! ;)

AMY AND MIKEY said...

ok- I'm confused so- is he going to intern in Eugene? Are you guys moving to Eugene? can you please explain this to me? Loved the pics- hehe. love you!

Emily said...

Yay!!! Such great news, and I'm so glad you got to go to Oregon. Partly because it's the best place ever, but mostly because it means you can come see ME for Thanksgiving!!!

Danielle said...

OH MY GOSH! That is SO AWESOME he got the internship! How fun is that gonna be?!??!! That is seriously awesome. I'm so happy for you guys. I loved your outfits. You look so cute and pretty. Love you!

Sarah said...

Oh yeah!! That is great news! So what does that mean for you? Are you guys moving?!

The Leiths said...

that's so exciting! i'm super jealous! congrats to you guys!

Jill said...

I'm glad you got your trip home, just way sad it didn't coincide with my family at all! We'll miss you at Thanksgiving! :(

Looks like a way fun Halloween though and congrats to Michael!

Carol and Bruce said...

Those were such fun days, I'm with you, I just liked having you around and chatting and it was over to quickly. I'm so grateful it worked out as it did and we got to see you and Michael for a brief time. We will miss you terribly at Thanksgiving but I'm happy you and Em will be together. I am going to work real yard on being Thankful and not bitter:) I can look forward to this Summer and your visits, since we will have your husband, I'm sure there you wilbe lots. Love you!