Tuesday, June 28, 2011

Getting Away

We don't have much to get away from. My days are full of crafts, exercise, friends and hangin with my mom. But Michael, on the other hand, works all day long and a weekend getaway was his idea. Mostly he was just anxious to check out what Oregon has to offer, and I was excited to show him. I have my favorite places to camp, but they are all so far away for just a weekend trip, so we read over this summer adventure magazine many times, asked our friends, and finally chose a place. Brice Creek east of Cottage Grove. IT. WAS. BEAUTIFUL. We got very lucky with beautiful weather and we had a fabulous time! Hiking, swimming (if your name is Michael and you're crazy), playing games, cooking, and sitting by the fire. We can't wait to go back. We feel like we found a real treasure when we hiked up to the waterfall. It was awesome!
Project: Brainwash Michael to love the Northwest... Complete success so far. :) And I barely have to do anything. It's just happening naturally! Here's a little video of our fun weekend...


9 comments:

Danielle said...

Ha! Michael is certainly crazy. I felt cold just watching him!!! How fun. That's awesome you guys got a little getaway. The hike looked beautiful. Love you and miss you :)

Chad and Jessica said...

Thanks so much for posting this. I think we have the same mag that you have, and I was really curious about that trail, it sounds awesome, but you never really know. Thanks for the confirmation! And I love that Michael went swimming...I have to go swimming if there is water, I don't care about the temp.

Carol and Bruce said...

Good to see that you both have some great camping skills, all those camp outs paid off. So glad you had a fun time and found such an awesome spot.

*Stephanie Lance* said...

CUTE video! I loved it! That looks like SO much fun! I'm waaaaay jealous! Oregon camping is by far THE BEST!!! So glad you guys got to go on a little get away! So cute! Love and miss you sooooo much and I cannot wait to see you in a couple weeks!!! YAHOOOOOO!!!!

AMY AND MIKEY said...

hahah I loved the video! HE IS CRAZY FOR GETTING IN THAT COLD WATER!!!!!!!!! I love your faces you would make in teh videos- so funny. you guys are so cute togehter- i love you together- love you!

Emily said...

Cool! Michael is nuts. I think my heated pool is cold.

I have been so emotional lately about missing Oregon and you're just torturing me. I was crying while I watched this. For real. I thought I loved living in las vegas...grrr.

Josh and Lauren said...

I LOVE this! I think it's great that Michael loves the northwest so much, although... I do wish that he could convert you to Texas... and I could convert Joshie to Texas, then--we can live close forever!!! :) Or-maybe we'll just ALL come to Oregon! :) Love ya!

Michael said...

well first off Texas is great, but Oregon is great too, so Lauren you guys should totally move to Oregon. and that place was really cool, I cant wait for the weather to get warmer to hit up those swimming holes that we saw (and have yet to swim in).

Jill said...

Wow! That does look beautiful! Quite a contrast to Emily's camping pics I just looked at!