Sunday, July 10, 2011

We love America & the Butte to Butte!

What a jam-packed and super fun 4th of July! We truly enjoyed every last second of this great day this year and hit up all the fun events. I love the 4th of July. I think most people do. Besides the great food and fireworks, we get to think about our country. We are so blessed. Most of the things we complain about, are things that most of the world we be so happy to have. It's also a day when we get to be thankful for those who are serving/have served our country. THANK YOU. I don't know why I'm so blessed to live in this great nation, but I truly am grateful.
We watched the fireworks from Island Park this year. Man, that is some quality people watching! We had a great time enjoying the atmosphere and the fireworks were awesome!
We also went to the Creswell Parade! It did not disappoint, as always. Mom & Dad looked so cute and patriotic and we loved the parade. It was kind of hilarious to see Dad & Michael out there fighting the little kids for candy.
And I think the hi-light of our day was the Butte to Butte! Michael and I ran the 10k while Mom and Dad walked the 4.5 mile walk. It was awesome! We all had such a great time. The weather was absolutely PERFECTION and it felt so good to jog through the city I love. Neither Michael or I had to walk and just enjoyed the whole run. I was nervous before, but I think we'd all do it again in a heart beat. My dad is the Butte to Butte champ! He's ran it for many years and had good times, so it was really fun for me to join him in this tradition.

Again, summer is great. The 4th of July was so fun. And I sure am proud to be an American.

6 comments:

Carol and Bruce said...

That was a fun filled day for sure, and did we ever follow the crowd, running with thousands, traffic jams in Cresswell and as if we hadn't walked enough, parking 5 blocks from Island Park. Dad would neve have fallen for that if it weren't for you guys. I do tend to forget how blessed we are in this country and I love it, it's not perfect but it's the BEST!

Emily said...

I love all the butte to butte pics, so cool!! Dad's shirt is awesome.

The 4th is so much fun, maybe I'll get around to blogging about ours someday.

*Stephanie Lance* said...

awwwww that looks like so much fun!!!! I'm so glad you guys had such a good fourth! So awesome that your parents did the Butte to Butte, too! Of course they would! I realllllllly miss you guys and i'm ready for you to come back!! :) Glad you're having so much fun though! Love you!!!

AMY AND MIKEY said...

Oh my gosh I love your dad. Love the patriotic shirts haaha. I loved what you said about how the things we complain about in our country, most people around the world would love to have. So true. So funny your dad and Michael running after candy, love it. Love your family, love you!

Chad and Jessica said...

Jenni, Thank you so much for letting me know about HP. I talked to Chad about it, and he said he would go with me Saturday night, so, I'll just do that. I'm glad you're not offended...I practically invited myself! I just knew you would be as INTO it as I am, so I knew you would want to go soon. Have a wonderful coast trip!

Lindsay and I ranted and raved about how great your class was on the way home. Man, you're amazing! I would go tonight, but I have mutual with the YW. But hopefully tuesday!

Thanks for everything!

Jill said...

What fun traditions!