Tuesday, August 30, 2011

Black Butte

Marc and Connie were so awesome to share their favorite place with us. Black Butte is a ranch/resort dealy by Sisters, Or. It is beautiful! And there is so much fun stuff to do. 4 great swimming pools, bike riding, deer running all over the place, canoeing, and beautiful homes perfect for a family gathering. It was so wonderful to spend time with my parents, some of my siblings and their beautiful children. I truly could watch those kids play all day. They are HILARIOUS! I'm kind of obsessed with the little girls right now because they're the only ones who aren't getting all big on me. And then... then... there's Cameron. It was sooo fun to get to snuggle him all week!
Some of my favorite things of the week:
-Winning every single game of Scrabble. Thank you, thank you very much.
-The kids excitement over the awesome crafts mom planned for every day.
-Easton telling my mom EVERY detail of how to play is imaginary Mario game. This took about at hour.
-Snuggling Cameron.
-Staying up late catching up with family.
-My sweet husband driving 2 hours each way, 3 times throughout the week to see everyone.
-Bike Ride!
-Carly trying to steal food from Erica and Erica shewing her away.
-Watching the little boys play ping pong.
-Jill's amazing patience in working on swimming with the boys.
-I could go on & on

It was a wonderful week in a beautiful location. Thanks everyone for all the fun!!

3 comments:

Danielle said...

Awwww! This is so sweet. I love family time. Sounds awesome. And I love that you are queen of scrabble! I know what you mean about the kiddos growing up. Same thing is happening with mine! So crazy. Love you! Can't wait to hear about Hawaii:)

Anonymous said...

Oh man that was so much fun, but mostly what I remember when i think about that week is how EXHAUSTED I was!

Can you email me some pics, I don't have any!!

Love you, and glad you're back to the land of cafe rio. Are you coming for thanksgiving?

Carol and Bruce said...

That was so fun, a wonderful memory now but I'm sure glad we did it.