Wednesday, August 31, 2011

Fun with Sorensens and the Seattle Jolleys

Right after Black Butte, we were greeted back home by the Sorensens! Have you seen my babies lately?? THEY ARE NOT BABIES ANYMORE!!! They are all grown up. It really is so fun to get to know them at every stage of their lives, even though it would be ok with me if they all stopped growing right now. Bethany drives. That ought to blow your mind! Nick is this super handsome, ladies man, high schooler! Ben continues to be the comedy of the family. I've always loved that boy so much. Bella and I share a deep love for Justin Bieber. She's clearly a smart girl. But seriously, she is really smart. And Joshie is precious. I love every chance I get to play with him. It was so fun to see them even though it was quick. I don't get to see Mel enough and love every chance I get. I hope to be even half the mother she is.
Immediately after the Sorensens drove away, I got in the car with Jill & kids for a week in Seattle. I was really looking forward to this as well because I haven't had a chance to play with the boys in way too long, I have been totally ROBBED with my Erica time, and I see Darren occasionally, but never Jill! Well the trip did not disappoint. If you want to talk about imaginations, these boys have it DOWN. Not to mention they are little smarties! There were multiple times where I had to stop and think if I even know what they were talking about because it was so advanced! We did all kinds of fun things! Downtown Seattle, zoo,the boys came home from Knight Camp in awesome armor, played outside, and most fun for me... watched Erica learn how to walk!
I nearly stuck her in my bag and took her to Hawaii with me. I love this girl. She finally learned to love me too. That there was worth the trip! She was SOO adorable. She was so proud of herself for standing up and taking little steps. And for good reason! One night, Darren & Jill went to a movie. Erica stayed up until 10:30 just snuggling me and staring at me. She would NOT let me put her to bed. She just tolerated me until her mom got home. It was so cute! haha!
Thank you, thank you for a great week!It was long overdue and very fun. I miss you all already!

8 comments:

Josh and Lauren said...

Jenni, you had the BEST summer ever!!!! I need to spend a great summer in Texas with my hubby!!!! YAY!

Emily said...

It's true, Mel is the best mom. She takes after our mom. I'm sad I missed the sorensens but glad you had fun and got to see them. And i miss seattle, it has been way too long since i have been there. But I'm not going there until Jill comes here.

Ya heard?

Chad and Jessica said...

You are such an awesome aunt! I'm so happy you got to spend so much time with your family. BTW, Thanks for your comment today. : )

Aimee said...

I think you must be the most awesome aunt in the world!! I can't compete with that but I'm ok with being second to you.

I'm so excited for the Hawaii pictures, don't make us wait too long!

Danielle said...

Fun fun stuff! I love seeing family :)

*Stephanie Lance* said...

Looks like a fun time! Again! Glad you were able to spend some much needed time with the family!!! That Erica is SO cute and I cannot believe she is walking!! So cute!!! Love it!!

Carol and Bruce said...

Loved all your photos, I didn't take enough of that time so I'll have to steal from you.

Jill said...

Woo hoo! Great post. It was so fun to have you and thanks for all the help you were with my crew.