Monday, November 21, 2011

The Culpepper Girls

Shellie spoils us! Michael and I have been seriously DYING to meet our new niece Macie Rae Culpepper, baby girl of Michael's sister Shellie and her husband Judd. But they live all the way in Texas and we have been so sad to think that it could be a year before we got to meet her! BUT, her wonderful mommy took pity on us and came to visit us here in Utah! We LOVE when Shellie comes to visit and she is so nice to do so every year. This time was extra fun because she brought this precious beauty.
I was so nervous that she would be nervous about us new people and only want to be with her mom. WRONG! This little girl takes after her mamma, she is friendly! She snuggled me for 4 days straight. Sorry Shellie, that I stole your child all weekend :) She is just so beautiful. She is itty bitty! She is 3.5 months and almost 11 lbs. The size I was when I came OUT! hahaha! So it's really adorable to see such a tiny baby smiling and laughing and responding so well.
This is her awesomest trick. She refuses to lay flat. It's like she cannot relax. If you lay her down. She will be in exercise position, with her head, neck, and legs up. It's HILARIOUS! Even if you try to push her down to relax, she resists! So cute!
We also had lots of fun with this little princess's mommy. Shellie and I went to see Breaking Dawn, we went to a Christmas tree lighting and festival up in SLC, we ate delicious food, played games, and stayed up late chatting. It was so wonderful to have her. We truly feel so blessed to have her in our lives.
Thank you Shellie and Macie for coming to visit us! We miss you guys so much already. What a fun weekend!

Before the festivities began, I took a pregnant picture. This was last Thursday, and I feel like I've doubled in size since then... ok maybe not doubled. But I truly think I get bigger every day. So in this picture I'm 24.5 weeks. Baby girl is trying to BUST ON OUT I'm pretty sure because her movements are huge and non stop. We LOVE watching my tummy move! I realize that she has to grow, but now that she finally is, this whole weight gain thing is interesting and causing mixed emotions.
Happy Thanksgiving, everyone!

9 comments:

Emily said...

You're tiny, you can't come here anymore. I'm twice that big, if not more!!!

That baby is CUTE!!!! How fun for them to come visit you. I hate when they love far away like that.

Tomorrow is the big day!!!!!!!!!!

Josh and Lauren said...

HOW fun to meet your baby niece! She is a darling, too! And Jenni...you're teeny!! That baby needs to make her appearance known! :) xo.

Danielle said...

You are SO CUTE! So little still!!! :) I know you probably feel big since it's YOU thats growing, but from the looks of it your still so little :) But you look so cute. What a cute little baby. So fun. Love you!

Chad and Jessica said...

What an awesome visit! What a precious little girl!

Okay, you look beautiful!!! BEAUTIFUL! I remember worrying a bit about the weight gain....I was thinking, is it baby, or is it love handles? You'll be fine. Exercise, eat healthy, and you'll bounce right back. You're in such great shape. Don't worry!

Megan and Greg said...

Watching the scale go up up up is a strange thing. But just remember, you're not getting bigger, your baby is. You are a freakin' stick. You look incredible. So don't fret about it. And in the end you get huge but it's not getting fat so much as it is constantly being swollen, and that goes away after you have the baby. And it just happens to everyone. You look great and you should feel that way!!! You'll look back on the pics after this is over and think, "What was I thinking? I look so cute!" People always think they look worse than they do.

Whitney Harris said...

JENNI! OH MY GOSH! First of all, you are so stinking cute! You rock that baby belly! Seriously, you look so great! And little Macie is so adorable, how fun that your babe and her will be so close in age! BFF'S! :)


You look great and I CANT wait to see you! Less than a month! Woo hooOO! Love you!

Courtenay Beth said...

that baby is SO cute! What a lucky little family! Also, you are so teensy, I know I know, you feel hunormous, {that's a lily word :) } but you look healthy and amazing!

Carol and Bruce said...

Such cute pictures of Macie! She is adorable. Those pants she has on with her coat are the cutest ever! I'm glad they came to visit you and Michael while she is still little.
Love your pregnant tummy so much.

Melanie said...

Jenni.... You're SOO Cute!! Love the baby belly! Macie looks like a doll in that picture of you and her! How precious! Love you!