Monday, October 31, 2011

Our Halloween Celebration

Happy Halloween! I love Halloween! It brings a smile to my face every time I see someone in costume. It's awesome to see people's choices! My neighbor, Virginia, and I decided that we wanted to do Halloween with style this year and throw a 4plex party. It was so fun planning it all and making it all happen. It started with people entering downstairs in Virginia's apartment. There they walked through an AWESOME haunted house that she dreamed up and set up down there. Then, they came up into my apartment for the partay! We had spooky feely boxes, costume contest, guess the pumpkin weight, and lots of delicious food!

I took a bunch of pictures to try to capture the event. So there are a lot here. None of them are great. My camera just doesn't flatter anything really...hint hint Michael Santa :) But I promise, it looked cool and we had a lot of fun!
Steph & Court gave me this great idea for a costume! I had so much fun making it and loved the way it turned out. Michael kept walking around saying to people "what did you have for lunch"? Hoping that they would ask him in return so that he count point to his stomach haha!
Spider Web taco dip! I also made hot dog mummies. They were cute but I didn't get a picture. I got pretty much every single idea from my ladies over at Our Best Bites.
I don't know why this picture is crooked, but they are nutter butter ghosts :)
Witches Wands!
Our little lanterns led the way into the party. Michael used his crafty skills helping me make these. This is a good time to give Michael the credit he deserves. He was SO helpful and wonderful this week. Helping me with everything!
Glow in the dark drinks! I loved them.
These are the Woods. Friends of our neighbors, and now friends of ours. If you came without a costume, we quickly dressed you up :) that is how Todd became a sexy baker and Karen became a hippy. That cute little peter pan won the costume contest.
There's our fellow party throwers! Those little nerdies looked so cute!
I don't know this couple, but I LOVED they're costume! Paper dolls! They got my vote.
It was hard to guess, but once we figured out they were Canadians, it was hilarious :)
My favorite people came :) We had about 26 people come. That's lots of peeps in my apartment. It was very fun to socialize with everyone!
And my baby girl was kicking and wiggling the whole time! Love her. It was a really fun night and thank you so much everyone for coming! Have a fun and safe Halloween!!

11 comments:

Danielle said...

SO CUTE! You look so great and I love that cute costume idea :) If I'm ever pregnant during halloween, odds are yeah at some point- I so want to do that! What a fun party. I wish we lived by you guys. So fun.

Ashley Lund said...

so i just tried to post a comment and it didn't work...i'm sorry if you get 2 comments!

you guys looked adorable, i love your costumes! and your baby skeleton was so cute too! how creative! the party looked like a lot of fun too.

i know why the picture looked crooked! its supposed to be horizontal--all you need to do is rotate it once to the left(i think) then it won't look crooked anymore! happy halloween!

Lanette said...

I love your costumes!!! So cute! You are so crafty. And what an awesome party! I am in awe. And the food is making me so hungry. =)

Carina & Dan said...

That is the coolest costume ever Jenni! You did a great job making them too. I want to try that next time I'm pregnant during halloween. The first time I was a cow and my belly was the udder & this time belly was a pumpkin.

*Stephanie Lance* said...

I LOVED this Halloween Celebration!! I just wish I could have stayed for longer! Everything was SO cute! You did an awesome job, seriously! Most definitely the best Halloween bash yet! I loved it! Also, I never got around to commenting on your post about Evelyn! That was SO sweet! It made me cry! Thanks for posting about her! Love you!!!

*Stephanie Lance* said...

Oh yeah, CUTEST COSTUME EVERRRRR!!!!!!! You did such a good job on it!!!!

AMY AND MIKEY said...

I LOVE YOUR COSTUME! So funny and cool! Love it! Man- that's alot of peeps! You are a popular little lady! I wish Danielle lived by you guys because you do so many fun things. Love all the food and decor. I love halloween. I LOVED the paper doll costumes! What a clever idea! love you!

Emily said...

So glad you showed pics of your cute food. looks awesome and yummy!

I need to take a pic of me now that I'm 20 weeks. Just imagine me twice as big as you, lol.

Can't wait to see you guys!!!

Carol and Bruce said...

Those have to be the cutest costumes ever made, I love them! What a cute idea and the whole party looks entirely awesome. You and Michael are the best at throwing parties and making people feel welcome. I also loved the paper dolls. Such fun! Great job and Happy Novemeber.

Melanie said...

Looks like a super fun party! Good job! Love your costume, love your baby! Love our best bites too. So excited for March! P.s. What do you want for Christmas??

Jill said...

Wow! Super impressed with your awesome Halloween party. From your amazing costumes, to the spooky treats and decor. It looks like a good time!