Monday, October 3, 2011

This must be recorded... and shared.

The night that we got back to Utah it was painfully hot. We rolled into town around 11:30 and stayed up chatting with Steph & Jarom until about 2 AM I think, hoping that it would cool down so we could sleep. Our apartment had been sitting there for 3 months, un-lived in, in the 100 degree weather just festering with heat. ANNND keep in mind for this story, we had JUST arrived home from Hawaii about 2 days earlier. So, once we decided to try and sleep, we threw the covers off of the bed and sprawled out trying to feel a breeze from outside. I drifted to sleep surprisingly quickly and felt ok, until....

I was awoken by Michael climbing over me and getting out of the bed on my side.

Michael (while shaking me): Jenni, Jenni, I'm sorry. It's my fault. We have to go. NOW!

Jenni (feeling very frightened): Babe?! What?! What's the matter?!

Michael: They told me this would happen, and I did it anyway. We have to go.

Jenni: Michael, they told you what? Who told you?!

Michael: They told me that we were sleeping on a hot lava bed and I forgot! We have to go! That's why it's so hot!

Jenni (now realizing Michael is NOT awake): Michael. Who told you that?

Michael (in a VERY harsh tone): THE LOCALS, JENNI!!

Jenni: ohhhh! teehehehehehe! What locals?

Michael(climbing back into bed and getting more and more frustrated): The people who LIVE HERE!

Jenni: Michael, we live here.

Michael: No, we're kind of temporary.

Jenni (realizing Michael thinks we're in Hawaii): mmmmm, what did you guys talk about?

Michael: JENNI! I know you think I'm sleeping but I AM SERIOUS!

Jenni (giggling): Ok, Michael....

Michael: UGHHHHH... rolls over and goes back to sleep.

HAHAHAHAHAHAAAAAAAAAAA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! It was the greatest EVER! That hot weather was well worth that experience. The next morning, Michael got up early to go get some milk for breakfast.

Michael: Hey babe, I'm gonna go get some breakfast.
Jenni: Okay wait. Before you go, can you tell me more about the hot lava beds?
Michael: Pauses. OHHHHH MYYY GOSHHHH.

hahaha it all came back to him and he remember how very serious the situation seemed at the time! It was such quality.

If you're interested in more HILARIOUS sleep talking stories, I highly recommend THIS BLOG.
I saw him on the Today Show about a year ago and just remembered it last night. So, the Lances and Woodmansees looked it up and LAUGHED OUR TUSHIES off for a good hour. It's totally legit. Check it out. Warning: his wife says that in real life he's a very conservative, well mannered man, but in his sleep talking, he has a foul mouth sometimes.

9 comments:

*Stephanie Lance* said...

Haaaahahahhahah I love that story!! Never gets old! Those sleep talking experiences are just too dang funny!!! And that blog is hilarious! jarom keeps texting me "butt cheeks ahoy!" hahahahhaha so funny!!!!

Josh and Lauren said...

Oh my gosh!!! That is hysterical! At least he didn't wake up and start putting cushions on the ground because the floor was hot lava, too!!! :)

Ryan and Annalise said...

oh my gosh!!! That is so funny!!!!!!! Ryan and I went that one guys blog and laughed for hours! thanks for that!

Danielle said...

PAHAHAH! I laughed out loud with this! That is SO HILARIOUS. Clay is totally like that. He is so silly when he's asleep. I love it. Thanks for sharing!!!

Whitney Harris said...

Ok I'm so glad nobody was around me while I read this because I had the biggest smile on my face and laughing out loud! I can just picture you laughing and trying to get him to say more silly stuff! Good one Michael! Haha

Lanette said...

Oh my goodness, that's hilarious! Definitely a good thing to document =)

Jill said...

LOVE IT! That is the best story. Sounds like Hawaii has deeply affected him...

Melanie said...

Maybe this should be the subject of our families Kid History Movie...

Lindsey said...

This is so hilarious!!!!! Michael is never going to live this down!