Friday, October 21, 2011

What a Happy Day!

There aren't words. I have tears rolling down my face as I write this. She is perfect! Yes, SHE!

It's a GIRL!

We went and got pink yogurt to celebrate :) I have been referring to my baby as girl since the beginning. I've always felt it. But I wasn't sure if that was just me wishing. Michael has wanted a girl since we were married. This just feels like a true gift that we don't deserve. She was perfect. The Ultra Sound Tech kept pointing out how she wouldn't stop moving! And I knew it, she is kicking me all day, and I love it! She had her hand open and was waving at us. She was a wiggle worm, I'm afraid she'll be like her mother--kinda crazy :)

She checked her heart and brain and spine and everything was perfection. I could have sat there all day. I started crying the second she said girl. And we've both been teary every since! lol. I can't stop looking at the pictures.
Here I am at 20.5 weeks. I look in the mirror, and I say... ummm- am I too big for 20 weeks? Then I look at these pictures and I say... ummm- am I too small for 20 weeks? This weight gain thing is doing crazy things to my brain! But I feel great and that's all that matters.

We are just so grateful today. Grateful for our baby girl. Her health, and mine.

12 comments:

Danielle said...

what the heck jenni! You are SO SKINNY! You seriously like...barely look pregnant at all! Hopefully you pop out some more soon :) I'm so happy she's healthy and a GIRL! Man- so many girls comin around! Yay! Love you guys!!!!

Emily said...

YYYAAAAAAAAAAAAAYYYYY!!!!!!!

I love it, I get the same way with ultrasounds, they always make me so emotional. It truly is amazing and a miracle, what's going on inside of us. What an amazing gift and I'm so grateful that she is healthy!

I can't wait to meet her, it's amazing how much you can already love someone, I love her so much!! And you! Congrats to you both!

Ashley Lund said...

congrats!!! that is so exciting!! and jenni....you definitely don't even look preggers! you're going to be one of those super lucky pregnant girls who drops the weight like its hot right after you have the baby! you look great and so happy. yay!

Whitney Harris said...

I got emotional reading this!!! I hope you understand when I say this that Michael and you are going to be such amazing parents! Seriously! I CANNOT wait until she is here! I love you so much and am SOOO Happy that you have a healthy, wiggle worm, baby girl in that cute tum of yours!!!

Congrats Jenni and Michael!

Loves!

Charlotte said...

Holy cow! That is so awesome! 20 weeks?!? You look fabulous! I can't even believe how skinny you still are. One of these days you will probably explode... seriously. The belly will just shoot out there! haha so excited for you guys! congrats on the girlly!

Lanette said...

Hooray!!!! Congrats on your baby girl!!! So so fun! And you look awesome! (and so skinny! =) )

Chad and Jessica said...

hooray!!! that's sounds so awesome. I'm so happy for you both! And your belly? I could look like that by just popping out my stomach...lol. Actually, my brother is really good at looking pregnant by doing that. You look beautiful.

*Stephanie Lance* said...

First of all....YAHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I am SOOOOOOOOOOOOo excited for this baby girl!!!!!!!!!!!! It's so perfect!!!!!!!! I am just reallllly excited about it!!! Second of all, you look awesome!!!!! Seriously! I wish I looked like that at 20 weeks!! I'm so glad you are feeling so well and everything is going so perfectly!!!! yay!!!!! Love you guys!!!

Megan and Greg said...

What the crap? You are SMALL. You're half way there and aren't showing at all. I mean, you probably are and just no one else can tell. That's how I was for a long time, but holy smokes! Glad you feel well.

Carol and Bruce said...

You look great Jenni and I'm so excited for the girl cousins coming our way, I have been thinking girls all the way too. Today I looked at that cute picture we have of Michael as a little boy and thought, oh, we do need to get one of those some day though. It's such a blessing that you are both doing well and so fun to be able to peek in there are see her waving, how cute. Take real good care.

Sisters: Chunky to Skinny said...

Congratulations!!!

Jill said...

What a cute picture of the two of you eating your pink ice cream. I love it. And I love all these baby girls on the way! Congrats and I just cannot wait to meet her!