Saturday, March 10, 2012

I had a birthday! My baby on the other hand... did not.

I turned 25 on Thursday. Weird! This is the first year that I realized it was my birthday, but I wasn't even THINKING about how old I was turning! I think that's a sure fire sign of getting old. Then yesterday, Michael asked me how it felt to be 25. Then it hit me, crap I'm 25! Half way to 50! I sure don't feel 25. I still feel 18. Whether that's a good or a bad thing I don't know, but I have a feeling that 25 will be a great year :).

It was a wonderful day! Michael knows me SO well. Seriously. It's like he was reading my mind and he did everything I could have wanted. You see, usually on my birthday, I like to go out and about, shop. socialize, PARTY! So, I was prepared for that. I geared myself up in the morning to try and muster up so energy in this 9 month pregnant body. But deep down, I just wanted to spend time with my husband, eat cake, and talk to the people I love. Well, I got JUST what I wanted.

I woke up to the house decorated for my birthday by my thoughtful husband. Then he took me to breakfast for my favorite french toast. He had to go to school after that. So I came home and did whatever I wanted! It was delightful! I scrapbooked most of the day, went on a very nice walk with Steph & Evelyn, talked to my family and closest friends, took a nap, read, ohh it was a wonderful day to enjoy some of my final moments of peace. Then, at 6:00, my hot date showed up with BEAUTIFUL flowers, chocolate cake, movies, and card.

Seriously- I know it sounds simple, but my heart was so overwhelmed with happiness I wanted to cry. He took me to a delicious Italian restaurant, and then we came home, ate cake, and had a movie marathon! Best birthday ever. Then, he topped it all off with a present. A photographer for our newborn girl :). How thoughtful and wonderful can a person be?!

On top of all of this, my mom took me out for the BEST pedicure I've ever had in my life a couple of days ago and she has been keeping me company and taking care of me and I'm so thankful for that. Thank you, EVERYONE, for the texts, calls, cards, messages, and positive vibes. It was a GREAT birthday!

Oh yeah, and for those of you keeping track, my birthday has come and gone, which means that my due date has come and gone. You can imagine how I feel about this. I WANT MY BABY!

5 comments:

AMY AND MIKEY said...

I bet you'll go into labor tonight :) love you!

Danielle said...

Sounds PERFECT! Seriously- like a perfect day! I am so happy for you. CAN'T WAIT FOR THAT BABE! I'm with Amy...it'll happen TONIGHT! Definitely before Monday :) Love you!

Emily said...

What a great day! And so fun to have someone all ready for those newborn pics. YAY!!

I am so stinking excited for you I can't even stand it. I really can't.
It's going to be an exciting couple of days!

Love you so much!

Stephanie said...

I'm glad you had a happy birthday! I can't believe you're still pregnant!! So sorry.

Erica and Spencer said...

I keep checking for your car out back and hoping to see it gone for an extended period of time :)