Thursday, March 1, 2012

On to the Next Adventure

Today was my last day at work. I am 39.5 weeks and so grateful that I have felt good enough to work my entire pregnancy. I am also so grateful for a work that has been so flexible and patient with me throughout this past year. It's a really weird feeling, knowing that I won't be going back on Monday. And that it's permanent. So, I just want to share some thoughts about my job and about leaving.

I was very blessed to find this job right after Michael and I were married and I've been there for 2.5 years now. I worked teaching rehabilitative exercise to people in pain. I truly enjoyed what I did. I can tell you that the best part about my job is the patients. I have met some wonderful people. Some rude people. Some really hilarious people. Some interesting people. And mostly a lot of people that I've just really enjoyed spending time with and sharing my knowledge with. I have felt so lucky to be able to use what I learned in college. It's a really fulfilling and rewarding feeling to teach somebody something that you know and then see it benefit them. And I've continued to learn so much over the past couple of years.

Now, a job is a job. Work is work. And everyone has struggles at work I think. Sure, there are some days that are better than others. And situations arise that are less than ideal, but do you want to know why every day was enjoyable? My co workers. I have been so blessed. The girls that I have worked with have seriously all been top of the line, hilarious, kind, wonderful people. Most of my closest friends here in Utah have been people I've worked with and I am so thankful for that support system. And looking back on the past couple of years, my bosses have bent over backwards for me. They have been kind and patient and I guess you realize how lucky you are once something is over. So anyway, today, on my last day, I'm just feeling grateful for the blessing of a good job that has supported Michael and I and made is possible for us to save some money in order to have this baby.

I am 100% positive that my calling and my desire is to be at home with my baby. And I am SO thankful for a husband who is willing to make it work so that I can do so. I cannot wait for what is next in my life. I cannot wait to spend every day with my girl.... if she ever comes out.... could and should be annnnnny moment now. :)

7 comments:

AMY AND MIKEY said...

oh my gosh, that really flew by! I can't believe you're having your baby already! Have you ever mentioned if you're planning on getting an epidural or natural? You have been so blessed. Danielle and I have had this conversation multiple times how blessed you have been. I'm so happy you have been able to have this great job that has supported you guys and that you are now able to stay home. Can't wait to see a blog post saying you had the babe any day now!!!!!!!!!!! whoo hooo!!!! love you! good luck! you'll do great! SLEEP WHILE YOU CAN!

Danielle said...

haha...Amy's comment makes me giggle...sleep while you can :) That's her number one complaint I think! I'm SO EXCITED for this baby! And I'm so happy for you that you get to stay home. You will be amazing! Love you!

Emily said...

Yay for being done with work!!! Staying home with kids is awesome.
Staying home with kids is awesome.
Staying home with kids is awesome.
Staying home with kids is awesome.

You'll be the best mom ever, and the best sister ever if you have your baby on Tuesday. Thanks! Love you and good luck! I can't believe I haven't even talked to you in forever. I'm very lazy, sorry.
Love you!

Carol and Bruce said...

I'm so proud of you for the kind of employee you have been and grateful that you had that job. I know your friends, patients and the Dr's loved and appreciated you as much as you did them.

It really has nothing to do with me but I am sad about you being done there but so excited for you to be able to stay home. It will be a new challenge that is for sure.

Can't wait to see you guys Monday and baby girl right after that.

Carol and Bruce said...

I'm so proud of you for the kind of employee you have been and grateful that you had that job. I know your friends, patients and the Dr's loved and appreciated you as much as you did them.

It really has nothing to do with me but I am sad about you being done there but so excited for you to be able to stay home. It will be a new challenge that is for sure.

Can't wait to see you guys Monday and baby girl right after that.

Jenessa said...

I can't wait to see your baby girl, Harlow. You'll have to post a picture asap.

Melanie said...

Jenni!! I just keep waiting to hear your in labor, or had a baby or something!! I am so excited for you and cannot wait to hear all about it! You'll be amazing! Love you! My baby sister is having a baby!