Friday, February 24, 2012

A Word about Whitney

I want to tell you about my friend Whitney Homer. Honestly, I don't know her all that well, but I surely have grown to care about her. I met Whitney through my work. She is truly one of the most stunningly beautiful girls I have ever seen. Trust me. But, the point of this post is just to try to do anything I can to be of help to her. Whitney is terribly ill and wants the word to get out so that somebody out there will be aware of her and find her miracle cure. My blog certainly doesn't reach a huge population, but I figure it's better than not spreading the word at all.

Whitney has been sick for 4 years ish now, I believe. As far as I'm aware, I don't think she has an official, sure thing, diagnosis. As you can tell, I don't have all the info. But, what I do know is that Whitney is sick enough that she is missing out on some of life's joys that we all take for granted. She has endured every kind of medical treatment you can imagine from chemo to feeding tubes to tests I've never even heard of. She has endured awful comments and judgments from people who I will NEVER understand.

Basically, I'm asking you all to remember Miss Whitney in your prayers and to check out her blog HERE. You'll find all her info and inspiring words. I usually come away from her blog feeling uplifted because of her optimistic outlook. This is her blog header, and I just find it so appropriate.
You'll find that life is still worthwhile, If you just smile
Whitney, I know I only get to see you very rarely for just a few minutes. But you really are an inspiration and I think about you on a daily basis. :)

4 comments:

Danielle said...

Well...I know I'm biased. But, has she considered Lyme Disease? There are a lot of people who end up in the same kind of shape she is in if it goes untreated for a long time. I only mention it because its so typical for lyme patients to go through so much crap and not have a diagnosis...and never get better. Until they get their Lyme diagnosis of course. Just a thought! I'm sorry your friend is having a hard time though. I hope she finds answers soon.

Josh and Lauren said...

Oh Jenni. Thanks for posting this. I will pray for Whitney. I looked at her blog and got so emotional. No one should have to suffer so much, but that's part of this life, isn't it? It's also a great reminder for me to count my blessings. I hope they find a cure for her soon and figure out what is wrong!

AMY AND MIKEY said...

yikes. before i was diagnosed with cancer, I was totally judged, people thought I was lazy. I totally know how it feels to be sick, not be understood and not find the answer. I was so grateful when my body stopped working correctly, FORCING me to get a cat scan to find the cancer. Best day of my life was diagnosis. I feel so bad for people who can't get diagnosed. When people say "I'm so sorry you had to go through that" I think- I'm LUCKY! I was diagnosed! there was a solution! There are so many people who are sick, can't get diagnosed, or do get diagnosed but can't get cured. I feel so much for these people. It just doesn't seem fair. I hate it. I'm sorry your friend is going through this and you are so kind to put this out there. love you.

*Stephanie Lance* said...

Man! My heart just aches for her!! I cannot imagine how frustrating this is for her! I love reading her blog and seeing updates and such. I really hope someone can figure something out soon! Thanks for posting this!