Wednesday, February 1, 2012

Computer Dilemma & My Birthday Boy

My posts have been kind of few and far between lately and this is why:
Let me explain. Do you see how the computer is on the floor by the TV? Well, my computer is on it's way out. It CANNOT be moved. It's by the TV because we often hook it up to the TV. If you move the screen, it turns black. If you unplug it, it takes days to get it back on because there's a short in the wire and you have to get it juuuuuust right. So, the only way to use the computer is to sit criss cross apple sauce on the floor in front of it. That is no bueno when you're 8 months pregnant. Sitting on the floor to use the computer HURTS. I can get down there and check facebook and comment on people's pictures for about 5 minutes, then my back starts to ache. Then I go to the blogs and look through them and then my back is killing me. So I get up. Then I go back later in the day and comment on the blogs until my back hurts again. So, writing this post right now is taking some serious focus and I'm hoping that I can talk Michael into rubbing my back after. Anyway...

My Michael turned 24! We had a great time celebrating his birthday! Here he is opening his first envelope over his stuffed french toast birthday breakfast. I had 8 envelopes for him to open throughout the day. They all had jokes in them and a secret message. It was a hint which led him to his present at dinner which was tickets to the Brian Regan comedy show. We went to the show a couple of days later and it was soo fun! We were laughing until our faces and tummies hurt.
Lucky Michael, our first prenatal class was on his birthday. He's such a good sport. On that note, prenatal class has been very informative, helpful, and mostly terrifying. This child has to come out of me in a couple of weeks. And I'm beginning to panic. But on a lighter note, Michael got a special song at his birthday dinner where he got to play the tambourine (I think that's what that is). And since we're talking about the birthday boy, just a quick note on him...

Michael is one of a kind. Truly. He is so kind. Always. He doesn't know how to be rude or unkind or selfish. I most definitely hit the jackpot to end up with him. He's so patient. And the best part is, I know 100% all of the time that Michael always has MY best interest at heart. And now our baby girl's. I'm so grateful. And he makes me want to be better. I OFTEN sit and think about how lucky I am that I found him and got to keep him. Alright, alright. Enough, I know. But I figured his birthday was an okay time to share how I feel about him. I love you, Michael.
Life is great around here. I'm busy with work and my new calling in the Young Womens and Michael is busy with school and work. I am SO excited for this weekend! It's baby shower weekend! BEST!

7 comments:

Danielle said...

Ummm a few WEEKS?! I don't know why I thought you were due in April. I'm so excited! Sucky about your computer. Sounds like a fun birthday! Love ya!

Chad and Jessica said...

good to hear from you! Okay, my prenatal class scared the heck out of me....but my delivery was SOOO much easier than the class showed....especially since I got an epidural. I know I was lucky, but seriously, they show you the LONGEST labors. Anyway, I obviously don't know how yours is going to turn out, but mine was WAAAY better than what they taught us to expect. Hope that helps a little.

Melanie said...

I was terrified after prenatal class too. It'll be a breeze for you! Just wait! I can't wait! I want to come see you! I miss you! Michael IS the best and I am glad, cause you deserve it!

Emily said...

Super funny about the computer. I would never be able to get up after using that thing, ha ha.

So jealous about the Brian Regan show...so fun! You know how to make someone feel special on their birthday, he's one lucky guy!

Well, hopefully we'll see you later today! Love baby showers!

Carol said...

Sorry about the computer, you know they drive me CRAZY even when they work well, I couldn't stand that.

So glad Michael had a good birthday, he is the best. Can't wait to hear all about the shower.

Carol said...

Sorry about the computer, you know they drive me CRAZY even when they work well, I couldn't stand that.

So glad Michael had a good birthday, he is the best. Can't wait to hear all about the shower.

Jill said...

So jealous you went to Brian Regan! I don't think I could see him when pregnant. It would constantly be peeing my pants.

Happy Birthday, Michael!